Name The Album(s) You Just Bought - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manic Street Preachers - This is My Truth, Tell Me Yours
The Velvet Underground and Nico
Morrissey - Live at Earl's Court
Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill Acoustic

Beck-Guero
Block Party- Silent Alarm
Quicksand- Slip
Til Tuesday- Greatest Hits
Mercury Rev- Deserter's Songs
Horslips- Greatest Hits
Ben Lee- Awake Is The New Sleep
Neil Young- Tonight's The Night
Toots And The Maytals- Best Of

I got a raise, and went a little bonkers.

UnforgettableLemon said:

I think X&Y is overrated, but I don't think it's boring at all. A good album for driving aimlessly with the A/C cranked up and mellowing out.

I think Get Behind Me Satan is their best album. :reject:

As for my most recent purchase...

Street Dogs - Back to the World
I'm finding it hard to believe how good Mike sounds now. I think his vocals worked really well with Dropkick Murphys, but I think his voice has changed a bit for the better since then. I like this album a lot. Why'd I wait so long? :up:

i don't know why you waited!

:up: i strongly approve of the conversation between you and mofo about that album.

as much as i like back to the world, i like savin hill a lot better, though. but SD are one of the very few reasons i will be attending the warped tour when it rolls into town (only 10 miles from my house, almost literally into my town! finally!!), and i really want to hear how the new songs sound. i heard a few when they were on tour with flogging molly & the briggs, but now that they've had some more success and are on a normal side stage rather than the tiny, tiny local stage like last year at the 10th anniversary show...i'm just psyched.

the last few albums i bought were....i don't know if i posted that i picked up the new alkaline trio or not, but i did.

i might have posted this too but i also don't remember, the trip to the cd store on june 21st resulted in:
dropkick murphys - the warrior's code
bruce springsteen - the ghost of tom joad
the vanity project (steven page from the barenaked ladies solo thing)
:up: enjoying all of them.

The Kinks-The Kink Kronkiles I think it's really good but it's not a favorite yet. But I think it deserves a :up:.

Last edited:
UnforgettableLemon said:
Manic Street Preachers - This is My Truth, Tell Me Yours

:up:

Also, I keep hearing Suede mentioned here and there, and I have no clue about them. Anyone want to enlighten me? Is there a Suede thread around here?

Ah yes I do.

Really sexy music, two great albums with Bernard Butler (guitar genius) and then he left. I do like their post-Butler material though, they had some fun pop singles ('Trash' and 'Beautiful Ones'), but nothing to the quality on 'Suede' or 'Dog Man Star'. They had some really amazing B-sides from that time as well; 'The Living Dead', 'My Dark Star', 'My Insatiable One' et al are really top tunes.

Now Brett & Bernard are back in the Tears though, and they do sound fantastic.

Thanks for the info, yertle. If I ever see 'Suede' or 'Dog Man Star,' I'll try to pick them up.

I just bought Achtung Baby by a band called U2...anyone heard of this CD or band? I think they might be remotely popular...

A friend gave me X&Y on mp3 and I have to say, apart from two or three songs, it is crap. It is boring, and its lost in synth.

TheRooster said:
You Forgot It in People - Broken Social Scene

:yes: Picked that up two weeks ago - Good stuff.

The Glass - Hibernation. Local Memphis band had their cd release show last night. Gorgeous, tormented Americana that needs to find an audience.

picked up some canadian goodness on the weekend:

the most serene republic - underwater cinematographer
the arcade fire - ep (remastered reissue)

Belle and Sebastian - 'Push Barman to Open Old Wounds' (2cd set)
The Jesus and Mary Chain - '21 Singles: 1984-1998'
Public Enemy - 'It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back'

and

Low In Europe DVD

Last edited:
martha said:
This is Reggae Music: The Golden Era 1960-1975

A four disc set of 86 songs. :drool:

It'll take me to Yellowstone this month. :up:

:drool:
:dance:
:hyper:

There's a big electronics store in the city where I work that has a big sale at the moment. Many 'classic albums' are incredibly cheap (less than 7 euro). Of course I had to buy some... of the expensive albums. :reject:
Anyway, I'm now the proud owner of:
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (SACD re-issue)

Yes, I bought a Beatles and Rolling Stones record at the same time. :)

Eric B. & Rakim - Gold (2 CDs)
Ryan Adams - Gold
Manic Street Preachers - La Tristesse Durera (Scream to a Sigh) (Japanese single)

and I received these two as gifts last week :) :

VNV Nation - Matter+Form
Astralwerks - New Music '05

and my sister would like to say that she bought the following (she never buys CDs):

Coldplay - X&Y
Motley Crue - Red, White, & Crue :wink:

Popmartijn said:
There's a big electronics store in the city where I work that has a big sale at the moment. Many 'classic albums' are incredibly cheap (less than 7 euro). Of course I had to buy some...

:reject:

David Bowie - The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Kraftwerk - The Man-Machine
Moby - Play
Stevie Wonder - Talking Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom