Name The Album(s) You Just Bought - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dum dee doo... I spent $115 including tax, apparently my bill says I saved $45. Good for me.

Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
Led Zeppelin - IV
Ozzy Osbourne - The Ozzman Cometh
Metallica - (black album)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication

Someone must have just unloaded all their Tori Amos singles at my local store this week. I went there to exchange a defective CD for mofo, and I ended up with these six used Tori singles:

Cornflake Girl (UK, Part 1)
Cornflake Girl (US)
Talula (UK, Part 1)
Spark (UK, Part 1)
Raspberry Swirl (Germany)
Jackie's Strength (US)

For most of her singles, Tori releases two UK versions and one US version. I just spent who knows how long trying to figure out which versions I have for each of the 18 singles I own, but it was kinda fun.

Hüsker Dü - New Day Rising

:mad: I hate only being able to buy albums when I go out of town.

Engineers - self-titled
Death Cab for Cutie - 'The Photo Album' (FINALLY!!!!)
Dropkick Murphys - 'The Warrior's Code'
DJ Tiesto - 'In Search of Sunrise 4: Latin America' (2 CDs)

Great day :up:

Last edited:
HeartlandGirl said:

Cornflake Girl (UK, Part 1)

What's on this one? I'm wondering if this is the rather rare one withA Case of You on it. If so, you scored!

u2popmofo said:

Go contribute to the thread. Where have you been?

Summer job hell. Was working nearly 70 hours a week moving furniture, and now i'm working with my dad-- not as many hours, but still very early days.

UnforgettableLemon said:

Summer job hell. Was working nearly 70 hours a week moving furniture, and now i'm working with my dad-- not as many hours, but still very early days.

At least you'll have money for CDs :up:

Work sucks.

Oh yeah, this came in the mail today:

Secret Machines - self-titled

Let me tell you all a little story:
I received the Secret Machines album today, quite the story involved in getting it. I picked up The Beta Band's first album a few weeks back at a used store in Phoenix. When I brought it home, I put it in and it was a completely different cd. The printing on top of the Cd was correct, even the plastic part of the cd had the label name on it. There must have been some kind of mess up when they printed it, because it was some mediocre 'house' cd. I emailed Astralwerks (the label) and told them what happened. They emailed me back same day and asked for my address and said they'd send a replacement. It came at the end of last week, and they also sent along some post cards and samplers from their label. Anyways, I still had the problem CD, and had told HG about the whole incident. She found the receipt from the used store in her garbage and gave them a call. They said if I got it back within the 7 day guarantee period, they'd replace it for any other used CD in the store. I sent it down to HG, and she took it into the store on the 7th day and grabbed Secret Machines for me.

So I thought I was completely screwed over, and I ended up with 2 cds for the price of one used CD. Good deal. Astralwerks gets my thumbs up. :up:

u2popmofo said:

At least you'll have money for CDs :up:

Work sucks.

I don't know if I even should buy more cds (though of course I will). I just filled up four 208 CD binders with an overflow of more than 40. :yikes:

joyfulgirl said:

What's on this one? I'm wondering if this is the rather rare one withA Case of You on it. If so, you scored!

Here's the tracklisting:

1. Cornflake Girl
2. Sister Janet
3. All the Girls Hate Her
4. Over It

Apparently it's Part 2 of the UK single that has 'A Case of You' on it. Damn these infernal complicated single releases! :angry:

:wink:

Gorillaz - Demon Days
NIN - With_Teeth
Foo Fighters - In your honor
Massive Attack - Danny the Dog Soundtrack

Total cost - $15

:wink:

Yes - Close to the Edge (ohhh yesss me likey!)
Yes - Fragile
Yes - 90125
Dredg - Catch Without Arms (go.buy.now)
Coldplay - X&Y (yes, it's boring)
The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan (not as good as their previous three CDs)
Third Eye Blind - Third Eye Blind (one of the best albums of the 90s)

shart1780 said:
Coldplay - X&Y (yes, it's boring)
The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan (not as good as their previous three CDs)

I think X&Y is overrated, but I don't think it's boring at all. A good album for driving aimlessly with the A/C cranked up and mellowing out.

I think Get Behind Me Satan is their best album. :reject:

As for my most recent purchase...

Street Dogs - Back to the World
I'm finding it hard to believe how good Mike sounds now. I think his vocals worked really well with Dropkick Murphys, but I think his voice has changed a bit for the better since then. I like this album a lot. Why'd I wait so long? :up:

UnforgettableLemon said:

I think X&Y is overrated, but I don't think it's boring at all. A good album for driving aimlessly with the A/C cranked up and mellowing out.

I think Get Behind Me Satan is their best album. :reject:

As for my most recent purchase...

Street Dogs - Back to the World
I'm finding it hard to believe how good Mike sounds now. I think his vocals worked really well with Dropkick Murphys, but I think his voice has changed a bit for the better since then. I like this album a lot. Why'd I wait so long? :up:

Is 'Back to the World' their first album, or the "newer" one? I have the most recent one, I just cant remember the album name. It's very good, enjoyable cd.

As for Coldplay, I was expecting complete crap from reading what everyone wrote here on interference. I personally like it FAR more than their first album already. Good album.

White Stripes: I agree with UF. While Elephant is pretty much perfect for what it was, I personally am liking this new experiment into different instruments on the new album more than a lot of their previous work even. Great CD. GREAT CD.

The Bigger Lovers-Honey in the Honey :)

I like it but it isn't my favorite Bigger Lover's album.

Also.

Guster-Live in Portland, Maine.

It like it, esp. the song, "(Nothing) But Flowers"! :cool:

Last edited:
UnforgettableLemon said:
I just filled up four 208 CD binders with an overflow of more than 40. :yikes:

I could not be more envious.

Nick Drake - Bryter Later

Sigur Ros - 'Von'
Longwave - 'There's A Fire' (I had no idea this was coming out today, good surprise)

Just got back from Dublin. :D
CD's are even more expensive there, but I still found some I needed to have (and are almost impossible to find in the Netherlands for a good price):

Ash - Intergalactic Sonic 7's (their singles collection with the bonus CD Cosmic Debris with 22 B-sides)
Suzanne Vega - Retrospective: The Best Of (with bonus CD)
O.S.T. - The Good Thief

BTW, you can also experience some great concerts in Dublin. :hyper:

TheRooster said:
Before the Dawn Heals Us - M83
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel
Gimme Fiction - Spoon
Echo & Bunnymen - Echo & Bunnymen

Now that's a good day at the store. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back