Name The Album(s) You Just Bought - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
social distortion - social distortion
social distortion - somewhere between heaven and hell

and my ducky boys cd arrived today.

HeartlandGirl is the greatest person of all time

The Arcade Fire - 'Funeral'

Happy early birthday to me from Phoenix, Arizona. :heart:

does borrowing count? i just returned from raiding my brother's apartment (full permission, of course) --

the replacements - sorry ma, forgot to take out the trash; hootenanny; pleased to meet me and don't tell a soul
built to spill - ancient melodies of the future
johnny marr and the healers - boomslang
pearl jam - no code
the pixies - bossanova
robyn hitchcock - fegmania! and perspex island
morrissey - bona drag
the jesus and mary chain - barbed wire kisses and psychocandy (already had a copy of that one, but it got fucked up at some point and doesn't play right anymore)
and
phantom planet - phantom planet / the guest

U2 - Best of 1990-2000 (so now I've got both versions - with and without b-sides)

Hothouse Flowers - Into your heart

Hothouse Flowers - Best of

Beatles - Sergent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

...yep, bought all four at the same time and some other stuff too (books) in the record store - spending too much money :reject:

well, bought...

I just received Mos Def - New Danger
and De La Soul's - The Grind Date
for those that like original hiphop these are indispensable...

Got this one for the b-day. Listened to it today, it's pretty good. I used to love these guys when I was a little kid, it brings back lots of funny memories.

The Beach Boys - 'Sounds of Summer: The Very Best of the Beach Boys'

I wasnt going to buy any cd's today........I'm so lame.

The Music - 'Welcome to the North'
Jimmy Eat World - 'Futures' (special edition with bonus demos disc)
Armin van Buuren - 'Universal Religion 2004: Live from Armada at Ibiza'

u2popmofo said:

The Music - 'Welcome to the North'

I have only listened to the first three tracks so far, but I am really impressed...I feel very excited, and it has so far been living up to the quality of their debut quite well.

Bonochick said:

I have only listened to the first three tracks so far, but I am really impressed...I feel very excited, and it has so far been living up to the quality of their debut quite well.

I actually havent listened to it yet, but I have heard both of the first 2 tracks. You're right, they're both great. :up:

Ok, I'm a total copycat of mofo, but he has great taste in music, so hey, what're you gonna do? I did add one for originality though. Mofo, I'll see your three and raise you one! :wink:

Jimmy Eat World - Futures
The Music - Welcome to the North
Armin Van Buuren - Universal Religion 2004: Live from Armada at Ibiza
Dolorean - Violence in the Snowy Fields

Mmmm...Ibiza + Universal Religion... :drool:

Last edited:
Blind Melon - Blind Melon

I was told rather strongly that I need to own this, so I had to please the person who told me so.

Jack In The Box said:
Wilco - A Ghost Is Born
Interpol - Antics

Dammit, I still need both of those!

I'm still so behind on CD buying...and I have totally been sassy with buying in the past few months or so! :reject:

People still buy albums? The wonderful world of free music is still alive, folks. Get turned onto bittorrent for all this non-U2 stuff.

Save up all your hard earned money until HTDAAB comes out, buy up as many HTDAAB CDs as you can, and then give em to your friends, family, co-workers, or just strangers on the street. Spread your U2 love.

Elliott Smith - From a basement on the hill
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
Travis - The Man Who (my 2nd cd, first one was a poor copy)

macphister said:
People still buy albums? The wonderful world of free music is still alive, folks. Get turned onto bittorrent for all this non-U2 stuff.

Save up all your hard earned money until HTDAAB comes out, buy up as many HTDAAB CDs as you can, and then give em to your friends, family, co-workers, or just strangers on the street. Spread your U2 love.

There are other musicians besides U2 that need to have their love spread as well.

I love buying CDs...the feeling of peeling off the packaging and opening it up for the first time...putting that disc in the player...reading the liner notes...shit, ya can't beat it.

Bonochick said:

There are other musicians besides U2 that need to have their love spread as well.

I love buying CDs...the feeling of peeling off the packaging and opening it up for the first time...putting that disc in the player...reading the liner notes...shit, ya can't beat it.

amen :up:

what the fuck is a bittorent, anyway? and why do i really need 80 version of WOWY? 10 will do me more than fine.

i spent a load of time just flipping through cds in the store today because they had 'slanted and enchanted' playing. i forgot how badly i need to own that album.

i bought...more than i should have. but i got paid today...which was good news. bad news was i just spent half of it.

the bruisers - cruisin for a bruisin
FINALLY!!! i bought it in a store. so if/when the copy i ordered ever arrives...i'll have two of them. :shifty: actually, i'll have 3 copies of the album cos by wednsday the vinyl should arrive...

7"s:
the wretched ones - tributes suck
UK subs - war on the pentagon
swingin utters/UK subs - teenage genocide/postcard from LA
the workin stiffs - a man and his sledgehammer

Sorry Bonochick, but the feeling of downloading a great album for free beats any feeling I get from opening the CD....and putting it in the player?

You could always burn your free music to a CD-R, throw it in an empty case, and then wrap it in cellophane and tape. Then it's like you just bought it from the store. Commence the unwrapping, put the CD-R in your CD player, and read the liner notes online....and ahhhhhh.....you've satiated your need to touch, you've got your music, and you've got an extra $15 in your pocket.

Bittorrent is what the internet was made for. I suggest downloading Shareaza (shareaza.com) and shopping at suprnova.org. You'll also want a high-speed connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom