Name The Album(s) You Just Bought - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Lab - Your Body Above Me
Nellie McKay - Get Away From Me
Bright Eyes - Letting Off The Happiness
The Libertines - The Libertines

I got carried away...I was only supposed to get one. :reject:

I really want that Libertines album. I heard 'Can't Stand Me Now' at HMV and I think it's miles better than say, 'What A Waster'.

I bought Mezzanine by Massive Attack at the used. I have a couple more used ones - Tori Amos, Annbjorg Lien (folky Norweigian fiddler....I mean she plays the fiddle!!! :)), and uh, singles from Take That and Nicki French's version of 'Total Eclipse of the Heart', among others - that I've got from the past few months.

Bonochick said:
I got carried away...I was only supposed to get one. :reject:

Happened to me today... :hug:

Har Mar Superstar - The Handler
Tori Amos - Under the Pink
Concrete Blonde - Concrete Blonde
Concrete Blonde - Free
Manic Street Preachers - Know Your Enemy
Stereophonics - Just Enough Education to Perform
Stereophonics - Performance and Cocktails

Tori and the two Blonde CDs are cassette tape replacements of albums I adore. Har Mar and Stereophonics' JEEP were the only two I bought brand new. Why do I have to live less than three minutes away from the coolest record store in Phoenix? :scream: At least the Virgin Megastore is far away. :wink:

I went back to the music store today...I didn't even realize we had a good little music store until I went to it yesterday. Now I think I have a crush on the guy working there. We talked forever. Oh, damn, now I'm REALLY gonna have a buying problem. :mad: :lol:

Leona Naess - I Tried To Rock You But You Only Roll

Oh, I had to return Nellie McKay. It was a used CD, and it had two discs...but both of the discs were Disc 2...no Disc 1! :der: :mad:

HeartlandGirl said:

Why do I have to live less than three minutes away from the coolest record store in Phoenix?

Why did I have to get a job working less than 5 mins from the coolest record store in Utah? :drool:

Speaking of which:

Son of Sam - 'Songs From the Earth'
Flogging Molly - 'Within a Mile of Home'
Pinback - 'Blue Screen Life'

The Hives -- Tyranasaurus Hives
Franz Ferdinand -- self-titled

Btw, I would recommend seeing Franz live. They rock it!

u2popmofo said:
Deftones - 'White Pony'

now, you must buy Around The Fur, Adrenaline and Deftones (maybe most experimental album by them) :up:

I just bought:
The Strokes - Is This It

HeartlandGirl said:

I'm eager to hear your impressions of this. :up:

If AFI is 'goth punk', then Son of Sam is 'goth metal with a tint of hardcore'. I REALLY dug this album!!! Some really cool songs, most any AFI fan would probably enjoy this (since Davey Havok is the vocalist....)

I'd honestly say I like it more than I thought I would. :up:

If AFI is 'goth punk', then Son of Sam is 'goth metal with a tint of hardcore'. I REALLY dug this album!!! Some really cool songs, most any AFI fan would probably enjoy this (since Davey Havok is the vocalist....)

I'd honestly say I like it more than I thought I would.

damn...now i want to hear it.

u2popmofo said:

I'd honestly say I like it more than I thought I would. :up:

Damn...now I want to buy it. :angry:

:wink:

Interpol - 'Antics'

First off, I cant believe I'm the first person to say I've bought this today.....

Second, IT'S FANTASTIC!!!! It completely fulfilled every expectation I had, I honestly am loving it (have listened to it twice already and I've only had it since lunch!) I totally realized why you should never put too much stock into reviews and what people say on the internet about albums before they're released, I can make my own opinions and decisions on what I like. And yeah, I DEFINITELY like 'Antics' :up:

u2popmofo said:
Interpol - 'Antics'
I was thinking of buying that today... A guy at my local record store was playing a copy that he got last week and I thought it sounded awesome. Maybe I'll pick it up next time I'm there.

Interpol - Antics
Deftones - White Pony
Ima Robot - Ima Robot
Keane - Hopes and Fears
Snow Patrol - Final Straw

This after I told mofo, "I don't mind Keane and Snow Patrol, but you don't see me running out to buy their albums or anything." :wink: BUT!!! They were both $8 AND I can return them if I don't like them. :up: It pays to check the new used CD bin, hence Deftones. And after the review of Antics mofo e-mailed me this afternoon, I had to pick it up stat. :up: Ima Robot? :shifty:

u2popmofo said:
Interpol - 'Antics'

First off, I cant believe I'm the first person to say I've bought this today.....

Second, IT'S FANTASTIC!!!! It completely fulfilled every expectation I had, I honestly am loving it (have listened to it twice already and I've only had it since lunch!) I totally realized why you should never put too much stock into reviews and what people say on the internet about albums before they're released, I can make my own opinions and decisions on what I like. And yeah, I DEFINITELY like 'Antics' :up:

i thought it was out already. it's wicked good, that much i know.

i didn't make it to the cd store today. i do not want to discuss it. stupid work crap.

Olivia Tremor Control - Dusk At Cubist Castle:

B00008LO99.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Yardbirds - Rober The Engineer:

f61281xcch3.jpg

:)

social distortion - sex, love and rock 'n roll

oh yes. sounds so much better on CD than those mp3s. came with a 7 and a half minute bonus dvd that was rubberbanded to the case...$11.50 VERY well spent.

if i've got any leftover cash after this weekend, i'll be picking up that interpol album.

Interpol - Antics

Haven't completely formulated how good it is yet, but it definitely is good. I don't understand how anyone could like their first album, and not this one.

I want Antics :sad:

Does someone want to give me the album? :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom