Name The Album(s) You Just Bought - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CDs:
Generation Terrorist
Holy Bible (The original not the re-issue)
Gold Against The Soul
Everything Must Go
This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours
Know Your Enemy

Singles:
Tsunami
You Stole The Sun From My Heart
If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
The Everlasting
Australia
Kevin Carter (2 CDs)

It's all of them I think (CDs anyway)! Much better than shopping at an over-priced Canadian store. (I paid 14$ canadian for Lifeblood alone!!:mad: )

Oh. My. Goodness. I. Am. So. Jealous!

I think you now own more Manics' CDs than yertle, mofo, and I put together! That's awesome that you found those. :up:

I don't see how it can be anything but good to own that many Manics CDs. :D

:up:

I gotta catch up too!

The Clash - London Calling
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out (single)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Greatest Hits
U2 - Vertigo (european promo, actually I won this one)

okay, you guys ready?

i bought the entire inxs catalogue. i got shabooh shoobah, the swing, full moon dirty hearts, elegantly wasted, and stay young from amazon.com tonight.

i also bought listen like thieves, kick, and x (i already had the last two but i bought the new remastered ones) at tower tonight.

i need to cut up my credit card now. i also bought a mac mini (not by choice though, my pc is dying slowly and i need to replace it before it dies completely and then i can't get my music and stuff off it) tonight.

bayernfc said:
CDs:
Generation Terrorist
Holy Bible (The original not the re-issue)
Gold Against The Soul
Everything Must Go
This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours
Know Your Enemy

Singles:
Tsunami
You Stole The Sun From My Heart
If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
The Everlasting
Australia
Kevin Carter (2 CDs)

It's all of them I think (CDs anyway)! Much better than shopping at an over-priced Canadian store. (I paid 14$ canadian for Lifeblood alone!!:mad: )

:drool:

i still own no manics :( i need to work more so i can get more money to fix this problem.

the last album i bought was some cd i got the other day. doesn't really matter, i'm looking forward to my purchases on the 25th (street dogs, agnostic front)

U2 - Rattle And Hum
U2 - Zooropa
U2 - Pop

Figured it was about time. And they were all on sale at Virgin for ten bucks a pop -- less than Amazon.

Still need to get October...

I bought these at the 2nd hand store yesterday:
Cat Power - Moon Pix
Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Now I got Worry

These are the other albums I bought this year:
Nick Cave - Nocturama
Morrissey - You are the Quarry

I need to control my spending :|, luckily all of these were at a reduced price, except for Morrissey.

Good Charlotte - The Chronicles of Life and Death
Jay-Z - The Black Album
Joy Divison - Permanent: Joy Division 1995
Tori Amos - Cruel/Raspberry Swirl (single)
Tori Amos - Silent All These Years (single)

Wanted to post these before I went to bed and forgot

Joy Division - 'Substance'
Madvillain - 'Madvillainy'
The Smiths - 'Rank'
U2 - 'Electrical Storm' single (which ever one has the cool New York remixes)

Re: Wanted to post these before I went to bed and forgot

u2popmofo said:
Joy Division - 'Substance'

Ah yes I forgot, I also bought The Real Thing by Faith no More, and Permanent by Joy Division. :drool:

DrTeeth said:

Well, the trouble with buying all these albums at once is that you have no time to listen to them. :ohmy:

True....when I was a kid I'd get like two new records a year or something and know everything about them, including all the liner notes by heart. Now I come home with 3 or 4 things at once--when I'm practicing self-restraint--and it takes me forever to get to know them unless it's just instant love.:huh:

Mylo - Destroy Rock & Roll. I think this is going to be one of this years biggest electronic albums, he's getting a lot of airplay these days.
Gwen Stefani - Love, Angel, Music, Baby

u2popmofo said:
Interpol - 'Antics'

First off, I cant believe I'm the first person to say I've bought this today.....

Second, IT'S FANTASTIC!!!! It completely fulfilled every expectation I had, I honestly am loving it (have listened to it twice already and I've only had it since lunch!) I totally realized why you should never put too much stock into reviews and what people say on the internet about albums before they're released, I can make my own opinions and decisions on what I like. And yeah, I DEFINITELY like 'Antics' :up:

i like antics, but i LOVE turn on the bright lights
btw, does the song "next exit" on antics remind you of a certain u2 song? just curious

I'm not him, but the beginning of Next Exit always reminds me of the beginning of their version of Unchained Melody. But that's just me :shrug:

I haven't mentioned yet that I got another album yesterday (the one I ordered last Saturday), so here it goes.
I got another album yesterday. :)

The Beatles - Revolver

Yes, I know I should have bought this one much earlier, but be glad I did buy it. It really is one of the essential Beatles albums.
:up:

Sounds Of Silence and Bookends would be the other must have Simon and Garfunkel cds. :up: :up:

There is a great box set you can buy that has all of their albums in it.

Last edited:
thesuburbskill said:

i like antics, but i LOVE turn on the bright lights
btw, does the song "next exit" on antics remind you of a certain u2 song? just curious

no it doesn't. what song does it remind you of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom