Name The Album(s) You Just Bought - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the regular version of HTDAAB, but the box set should be arriving in a couple days.

U2 - 7, a lovely interferencer sent me it as it wasn't released here
Franz ferdinand
Joss Stone - Mind, Body & Soul
Finn Brothers - Everyone is here

albums I want but can't afford:

The Libertines - The Libertines
Jack Johnson albums

Re: Albums

zoology said:

OUT OF NOTHING by Embrace

SINGLES by Travis

I also got singles by travis and want the new embrace album, is it good? i'm only wanting it because i've liked ashes and gravity.

Portishead - 'Portishead' (My parents actually bought this for me as a 'Thanksgiving present'. No, I'm not kidding.)

I just got these today (actually got one free, Virgin Megastore has a good frequent buyer card):

Placebo - 'Once More With Feeling: Singles 1996-2004' (Ltd. Edition with bonus remix cd)
Mogwai - 'Ten Rapid'
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - 'Shake the Sheets'
My Chemical Romance - 'Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge'
Pavement - 'Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain: LA's Desert Origins' (Deluxe 2 cd edition with bonus tracks and book)
U2 - 'Vertigo' Single 1

The Polyphonic Spree - Together We're Heavy
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Beach Boys - Smiley Smile
Blur - Think Tank
Blur - 13

I now own every Blur album, and have pretty much no money! Woo!

I got 2 Donny Osmond CD's at my work Christmas party. No, I'm not kidding. He donates to the same charity my company is involved in or something. What the crap am I going to do with these? I feel bad throwing CDs away, but I have too much musical pride to even attempt at selling them at a used store.

Useless gift. (unless the 'use' is to embarrass me)

Sell them on half.com--it's shame free, so you can sell anonymously and someone can by that horsecrap without embarrassment. :)

my music buying habit is like a substance abuse problem. i *think* the last few albums i bought were:

-Ignite, "A Place Callled Home"
-HTDAAB (deluxe)
-The Arcade Fire, "Funeral"....possibly the album of the year, plus my friend is their bassist
-Sam Cooke, "Live at the Harlem Square Club"--talk about having soul

u2popmofo said:
I got 2 Donny Osmond CD's at my work Christmas party. No, I'm not kidding. He donates to the same charity my company is involved in or something. What the crap am I going to do with these? I feel bad throwing CDs away, but I have too much musical pride to even attempt at selling them at a used store.

Hang onto them in case you ever need gag gifts.

Finally convinced myself to buy

Franz Ferdinand
A Ghost is Born- Wilco

I just heard AGIB for the first time a few weeks ago, and I'm enjoying it a good deal more than Yankee Hotel Foxtrot . I'm not exactly sure why. It's sonically quite similar, with perhaps a few more uptempo tunes, but it's doing it for me all right.

That Franz Ferdinand CD is good. My dad had gotten a copy of that CD sent to where he works, and he brought it home for me, 'cause I loved "Take Me Out", and I gave it a listen, and...yeah, it's not bad at all. At times, some of their songs kinda remind me of Violent Femmes songs, which isn't a bad thing.

Angela

u2popmofo said:
My Chemical Romance - 'Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge'

That MCR CD ROCKS!!! I had that in my CD player ALL summer! it's kind of a concept album, I think. I get a 'modern-day Bonnie and Clyde' vibe from it. AWESOME!
Has anyone heard their first CD "I Brought you my Bullets ...."? I wonder if it's as good as their latest.

lmjhitman said:
That MCR CD ROCKS!!! I had that in my CD player ALL summer! it's kind of a concept album, I think. I get a 'modern-day Bonnie and Clyde' vibe from it. AWESOME!
Has anyone heard their first CD "I Brought you my Bullets ...."? I wonder if it's as good as their latest.

I truly adore that album. And their first one is on my shortlist of ways to spend money. :yes:

UnforgettableLemon said:
Weezer- The Lion and the Witch (live EP)

What do you think? I was so disappointed by that EP when it came out......but I honestly cant even remember why at this point.....

Maybe I'll have to listen to it again sometime soon.

Great cover though, me lovie the Japan.

SSX3 Soundtrack

It's about time I bought this thing! Memories of snowboarding awaits :up:

u2popmofo said:

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom