Name The Album(s) You Just Bought - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2popmofo said:

Bouncing Souls - 'Maniacal Laughter'

:up:

they're playing in boston tomorrow night.

with murphy's fucking law.

how cool is that?

all i have to do is call up my friend from the radio station and tell him i can go, and i've got a ride plus a free ticket.

but i have to work, and there's no way i can get out of it.

life sucks sometimes.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

DrTeeth: Were you at the Franz Ferdinand gig last Monday?

Albums bought: Just a new album by some band called U2. Quite like it! :wink:

Albums I received at work: Too much crap to mention.

Since that last post I made I've bought all three Vertigo singles (when they finally arrived from Germany a few days late! :rolleyes: )

... and I've just got these as early birthday presents:

R.E.M.: Around The Sun :D:up:

R.E.M.: In Time: The Best Of R.E.M. 1988-2003 :D:up:

and

The 'Brother Bear' soundtrack :cute:

I don't think I've told you about the Mega Record & CD Fair yet, have I?
I went to that one yesterday. They have it twice a year - in March/April and in October/November (dates can change). When I went in March I bought a lot of great stuff (Aretha Franklin & Smokie Robinson boxsets, rare U2 books, etc.) so I expected a lot of it yesterday.
Well, one way or the other, yesterday's experience wasn't as good as last one's. I don't know exactly why. Maybe it is because I had to pay to get in (last time somehow I got in for free). Or because the stand that sold these incredible boxsets for low prices last time didn't have as good a selection as last time (I mean, the Phil Spector boxset for 30 euro is a superb deal... only I already have that one. And I can't be bothered by a Genesis archive boxset, etc.). Still, I did not get home empty-handed. Because I did find the Vertigo 12" single for a good price and a bunch of other stuff.

Here's what I took home:
U2 - Vertigo (12" single)
Pearl Jam - Merkinball (single, but upon getting home I saw that it was a cutout :( )
Tröckener Kecks - Veel Te Veel Water (single)
Texas - Say What You Want (All Day Every Day) (their single with the Wu-Tang Clan)
Tröckener Kecks - Het Grote Geheim
Supergrass - Is 10 (their best of, and when I got home I saw that it's copy controlled :grumpy: )
Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street (when I got home I saw that the CD has no label :ohmy: )
Gloria Estefan - Gloria! (oh, the memories to 1999 :))
Wendy & Lisa - Eroica (bought it because the last song on the album is Staring At The Sun)
V/A - 2 Meter Sessies Crossing Border
V/A - And Here Is The Young Man

And that last CD really made my day. After a few hours I started to get tired and wanted to go home. However, since the fair really is mega, I hadn't seen a lot yet. So I said to myself to go through one more aisle and then go home. And lo and behold I saw that CD. I'd never expected to see it and it wasn't even very expensive. If you don't know what the CD is, let me explain it then. It's a tribute CD to Martin Hannett, a producer. And it's one of 2 titles (the other one also being a Martin Hannett tribute CD called Martin) with U2's 11 O'Clock Tick Tock on them. So now I have a CD version of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock! :hyper:

u2popmofo said:
U2 - 'Vertigo' CD 2

I happy to have it, but Amazon lied at said it had 2 b-sides and a remix, I only got 1 bside and a remix. :(

I'm glad it's not still in your mailbox!!!! :wink:

Popmartijn: I usually go there as well, but I'm a bit broke at the moment... Wages coming in on Friday, so that's a week too late! That's some cool stuff you bought there! How much did you pay for the Vertigo 12"? Need to get my hands on that one somewhere... O well, I'll have to check out the new Oor to see where there'll be a recordfair next...

U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (Deluxe Edition)
U2 - Vertigo (CD 1)

Chingy - Jackpot

Hey, it was a gift! :lol: Dad got back from visiting my sister back home, and she sent that CD with him to give to me, since she ended up with two copies.

Okay, I confess...I love "Right Thurr" and "Holidae In"...so maybe I will like some other tracks on there. But that doesn't make me a bad person, right?

Right?

*silence*

:wink:

Dutch Partygirl said:
Popmartijn: I usually go there as well, but I'm a bit broke at the moment... Wages coming in on Friday, so that's a week too late! That's some cool stuff you bought there! How much did you pay for the Vertigo 12"? Need to get my hands on that one somewhere... O well, I'll have to check out the new Oor to see where there'll be a recordfair next...

I got it for 10 euro. A good deal, if you ask me. That was on Saturday, around 1 PM. The vendor said he'd already sold 15 copies of that single that morning and had only 3 left. :ohmy:
I guess U2 was in big demand that day. :)

U2 - 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb'
U2 - 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb' (Collectors edition w/DVD and Book)

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: etc

U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (special edition with all the books, bells, and whistles)

Hmmm, I wonder what I bought tonight at a midnight sale....was it the Gwen Stefani album? Nope! The Nirvana box? Not yet my friends....I think we all know where this is going so I'll stop now.

u2 - how to dismantle an atomic bomb (special edition, complete with dvd thing and stupid book)

oh, you're gonna love this--

U2 HTDAAB
Gwen Stefani
Vanessa Williams - Silver and Gold Christmas CD
George Strait - 50 #1's
No Doubt - The Singles

I went on a shopping spree at Target this morning! :D

HTDAAB - collector's edition for me
HTDAAB - deluxe edition - present for Doozer :D
Nirvana Box set - gift for my son
Gwen Stefani - Love, Angel, Music, Baby - for me

:der: what's the difference between the deluxe edition and collector's edition?

you mean there was a version that came with the dvd but without a book :der:

goddammit, i suck.

HTDAAB - no DVD, no book. Because I'm a) very cheap and b) don't have a DVD player. And the book only looked interesting for Edge's odd websites or whatever. Also looked lustfully at Around the Sun but didn't end up buying it -- I didn't have $30 on me.

Espejismos - El Otro Yo. This is an Argentinian punk band I really like. But the album hasn't grown on me yet. I think I'll need to listen to it a few more times before I can give a proper opinion.

Albums

WHO'S NEXT by The Who (Atomic inspiration)
OUT OF NOTHING by Embrace
HOPES AND FEARS by Keane
ALL THE ALBUMS by Snow Patrol (can't be arsed listing 'em)
THIS IS MUSIC by The Verve
SINGLES by Travis
YELLOW SUBMARINE SONGTRACK by The Beatles (great remixing)

and of course
THE COMPLETE U2 by U2 (I'm an idiot, I have all the stuff already - but at least I am a self aware idiot!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom