Name the album(s) you just bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most recently aquired:

Placebo - 'Sleeping With Ghosts' Special Edition
Blue October - 'History For Sale'

Last Week:

Jurassic 5 - 'EP'

january 2004:
The Sleepy Jackson - Lovers
Air - Talkie Walkie
Belle & Sebastian - Dear catastrophe waitress
Ryan Adams - Love is hell #2
Al Green - I can't stop
Abyssinia Infinite/Gigi Shibabaw - Zion roots
Ronald Isley & Burt Bacharach - Here I am
Mental as anything - The best of

REM ~ In Time
The Who ~ The Who Sell Out
Theatre of Tragedy ~ A?gis
October Project ~ Falling Farther In
Pain ~ Nothing Ramains The Same
Dimmu Borgor :mac: ~ Live At Tormentor
Placebo - Sleeping With Ghosts

I havn't bought anything this month, although I am looking out for a copy of The Dandy Warhol's: Welcome to the Monkey House, but none of the cd shops that I cruise past seem to have it, but in December of last year these were my purchases,

Powderfinger: Vulture Street- took me a while to finally get this
Alex Lloyd: Distant Light- he just keeps getting better and better
The Cat Empire: The Cat Empire- 6 piece Aussie band who mix cuban, hip hop and skanking vibes- absolutely amazing live
Jeff Lang: Live- Australian blues legend, a collection of live songs from his most recent tour around the world
Ember Swift: Stiltwalking- Canadian electric folk singer/songwriter, think Ani DiFranco, but so, so much better
Sheva: Sheva- Israeli world music, complete with amazing percussion and electronics and totally mind blowing live
Xavier Rudd: Solace- Australian 'roots' performer, beautifl lyrics and he plays didge, djembe, lapsteel and harmonica...

I got some deverse cds in December as I spent a week at a Folk/World music festival near where I live- over 2000 performers, with music on at 20 or more tents from 9am in the morning to 3am at night, ya see some pretty impressive stuff, so I bought quite a few cds from there of some of my fave acts......:)

Elbow - 'Cast of Thousands'

$6.99 for it and the bonus disc at the used cd store, I could pass it up.

OzAurora: How is The Cat Empire's cd? I really like "Hello, Hello." Just wondering...might pick it up :ohmy:

Aaaaaand...
Thanks to a recommendation from someone here on Interference, I picked up my copy of The Music's self-titled debut album (favorite track - "Getaway"). Goodstuff :up:

Last edited:
Catman said:
OzAurora: How is The Cat Empire's cd? I really like "Hello, Hello." Just wondering...might pick it up :ohmy:

Wow Catman I am so happy to hear that you know of the cat empire, hey you have 'cat' in your name, so I think you definately should purchase a copy of the cd. In all honesty I bought their cd after hearing just one song of theirs on the radio- I was instantly hooked and amazingly the rest of the cd is just great- I really hate it when you buy a cd after only hearing one or two songs and find out that those that you already heard are the only good ones. Go out and get the cd, heaps of great skanking music and if you get a chance to see them live, well you wont regret it!!!:)

Thanks for the recommendation, OzAurora! Right now I'm browzing the net to see where, exactly, I can order this CD from. I don't know much of the Aussie currency :reject:
Anyhoo, all the feedback I've heard thus far seems to be overwhelmingly positive :yes:

*goes back to listening to "Hello, Hello"*

Last edited:
OzAurora said:
Catman- if ya get stuck trying to obtain the Cat empire cd
just a word of warning
that Cat Empire album seems to deal with some very pesky copy control issues

I like what I've heard from it though
a lot

u2popmofo said:

:up:

Dropkick Murphys - 'Sing Loud, Sing Proud'
Flogging Molly - 'Swagger'

excellent purchases :up:

the dkm one is the first album of theirs i bought (day it came out) ah the memories ;)

:shifty:

Elbow - Asleep In The Back
Garbage - Version 2.0
Deftones - Adrenaline
Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Fever To Tell
The Strokes - Room On Fire
Madredeus - O Paraiso

R.E.M. - In Time: Best of 1988-2003
Gin Blossoms - Congratulations I'm Sorry
Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory?
The Smithereens - Especially For You
Remy Zero - Villa Elaine

I haven't bought a CD in ages (my last purchase was probably The Essential Bruce Springsteen and REM's In Time 2CD set last November, 2 months without buying a CD is a really long time for me :reject: ). Anyway, yesterday I bought a new one:

League Of XO Gentlemen - Smiling At The Claptrap Circuses
(from the ex-frontman of the Urban Dance Squad)

Also bought some DVD's (as I just got a DVD player and a widescreen TV):
U2 - Go Home (awesome DVD! :dance: )
LotR - The Fellowship Of The Ring (extended edition)
LotR - The Two Towers (extended edition)

This should keep me busy for a while. :hmm:

C ya!

Marty

let me see

:hmm:

Definitively, relaxing and interesting, melancholy and beautiful :up:

I like it because is good to listen offers of different places of the world, and is better when are offers so solid as Madredeus

I went nuts today...maybe I'll feel bad later

The Clientele - The Violet Hour
John Vanderslice - The Death of an American Fourtracker
Air - Talkie Walkie
Frog Eyes - My Bloody Hand
Amon Tobin - Supermodified
The Decemberists - Castaways and Cutouts
Ween - The Mollusk

Salome said:
just a word of warning
that Cat Empire album seems to deal with some very pesky copy control issues

I like what I've heard from it though
a lot

There is a really easy way around this newly introduced copy controlled stuff, I'm not going to post it here, just e-mail me if you want to more, but I will say that all you need is a black felt tip marker:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom