Name the album(s) you just bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2popmofo said:

What was on this?

Um...the live versions of Death and Destruction and Photograph along with the Keep Fishin video. It has Kermit on the cover...

almost a month ago (i forgot to post it here, whoops!) i bought my second box set ever.

my first box set was the police's message in a box.

what's the one i got this time? duran duran's singles 1981-1985. 12 cds. planet earth to a view to a kill, the 12" songs, all on cd, most for the first time ever.

it won't be out in the states until 6/10, but i got mine back on 5/12, cuz i bought the identical uk version. would anyone believe me if i told them amazon.co.uk offered it to me cheaper, even with expedited shipping, than amazon.com did with free shipping? hehe.

so yeah...feel free to make fun of me now. :(

KhanadaRhodes said:
almost a month ago (i forgot to post it here, whoops!) i bought my second box set ever.

my first box set was the police's message in a box.

what's the one i got this time? duran duran's singles 1981-1985. 12 cds. planet earth to a view to a kill, the 12" songs, all on cd, most for the first time ever.

it won't be out in the states until 6/10, but i got mine back on 5/12, cuz i bought the identical uk version. would anyone believe me if i told them amazon.co.uk offered it to me cheaper, even with expedited shipping, than amazon.com did with free shipping? hehe.

so yeah...feel free to make fun of me now. :(

Actually, it's more like this: :bow:

HeadsOnSticks said:
Actually, it's more like this: :bow:
lol, why the :bow:? it's a great box set though, but unfortunately it's nothing i've not heard before. i'd bought a b-sides bootleg a couple years ago and got all of the remixes and everything that's on it.

for anyone wanting it, i'd recommend it. it's a pretty good price and the packaging is awesome! each cd is for each single, and they come in sleeves designed like the 12" singles themselves.

British Sea Power -- The Decline of British Sea Power

I Am Kloot -- "A Life In a Day" single on vinyl
Alfie -- "People" single

Tori Amos - "Little Earthquakes". I was always interested in checking out her music, but never really got to explore it until now. I listened to the album a couple of times and I already like it a lot, which for me is a rarity since I always require multiple listens to make up my mind.

Saracene said:
Tori Amos - "Little Earthquakes". I was always interested in checking out her music, but never really got to explore it until now. I listened to the album a couple of times and I already like it a lot, which for me is a rarity since I always require multiple listens to make up my mind.

I :heart: Tear In Your Hand, China, Precious Things, etc...

Yesterday I bought Hail to the Thief (like everyone else). A beauteous shipment also came from Amazon containing:

My Morning Jacket- At Dawn
Son Volt- Trace
Wilco- Summerteeth (I've had a burned copy of this one for AGES, and I finally broke down and bought one of my own)

I think I'm good for cds for awhile. Or until the next time I step foot in any music store. ;) :crack:

Last edited:
Obviously...

Hail To The Thief: Radiohead

Welcome to Interland Squishy Peanut! Surrey is tits!

Saracene said:

:heart: Tori :heart:

She doesn't waste any time pulling you right in.

Hail to the Thief - Radiohead, like so many others round here.

And yes, Little Earthquakes. I don't think any Tori fans could ever lose love for that album. My favorites: Girl, Precious Things, Tear in Your Hand, Winter...the whole thing is just stellar!

Welcome to the board Squishy Peanut!

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Yesterday I bought Hail to the Thief (like everyone else). A beauteous shipment also came from Amazon containing:

My Morning Jacket- At Dawn
Son Volt- Trace
Wilco- Summerteeth (I've had a burned copy of this one for AGES, and I finally broke down and bought one of my own)

I think I'm good for cds for awhile. Or until the next time I step foot in any music store. ;) :crack:

I agree with all your selections, pure bliss.....

:wink:
:drool:

Radiohead - HTTT
Grandaddy - Sumday
Grandaddy - Sophtware Slump (had Mp3's final got album)
Gemma Hayes - Night on Your Side (had Mp3's final got album)
The Frames - For the Birds
U2 - Please (single) - did not have that one yet
Idlewild - Captain (had Mp3's final got album)
Idlewild - A Moder Way of Letting go (single)
Thievery Corporation - The Richest Man in Babylon

god lord that is a lot of CD's this week. Mr Credit Card will not be happy with me. And there are so many more i want. I need to win a music store shopping spree (we all do i am sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom