Name the album(s) you just bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
heh...i've loved jeff buckley for a long while, but finally in the past few weeks i've buckled down (no pun intended) and bought more of his stuff cause before i only had grace. i now also own:

songs to no one
the grace eps
sketches for my sweetheart the drunk

the first two are good, but not much new stuff on them...a lot of live or studio, etc versions of songs off grace.

sketches i just got a few days ago in the mail...i am in love with these cds!!! if you don't have them and you like jeff buckely at all...GET THEM! he's all i've been listening to lately...

:heart:

Re: Re: Name the album(s) you just bought

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

:sexywink:

:up: YES!!!!!!! Kool and the Gang! :yes:

i just bought the new White Stripes CD. and i quite like it.

You have good taste, Iris. I may get the White Stripes CD, but I've got two others in mind first (which I might buy tonight). Yes, I love buying music.

hmmm..

last couple of weeks i bought

u2 - more melon
u2 - orange
u2 - pineapple
u2 - stay blue interference promo
u2 - lemon australian cd single
u2 - stay live format
u2 - electrical storm part 1 and 2 new zealand pressing
u2 - electrical storm us promo
u2 - hands that built america eu promo

that would be it

Stories for Boys said:
heh...i've loved jeff buckley for a long while, but finally in the past few weeks i've buckled down (no pun intended) and bought more of his stuff cause before i only had grace. i now also own:

songs to no one
the grace eps
sketches for my sweetheart the drunk

the first two are good, but not much new stuff on them...a lot of live or studio, etc versions of songs off grace.

sketches i just got a few days ago in the mail...i am in love with these cds!!! if you don't have them and you like jeff buckely at all...GET THEM! he's all i've been listening to lately...

:heart:

"Morning Theft" off Sketches is the most wonderful song.

New Wave Hits of the 80s Vol. 5.

Okay, so I know there's a huge cheese factor on this but it has "Town Called Malice" by The Jam and "Someday, Someway" by Marshall Crenshaw. Everything else on it kinda sucks though.

manitoba - up in flames
fisherspooner - #1
postal service - give up
adult - anxiety always
autechre - draft 7.30

no disk, how is that postal service album? Im seriously tempted to buy it bu have only heard 2 tracks and I need to make an educated purchase........

thanks

I'm going to buy the Postal Service album ASAP. Guy from Deatchcab for Cutie and another guy made it TOTALLY over mail!
Should be interesting

Yesterday I bougjht the new Trail of Dead EP...it's 5 good songs. Especially Crowning of a Heart

my friend gave me the postal service's give up a few days ago. not bad, but id prefer no singing with that kind of music. im probably the only one who feels that way though.

MrBrau1 said:
"Morning Theft" off Sketches is the most wonderful song.

it is most excellent...i was appreciating it last night...

my other favorites (in no order) are:

everybody here wants you
nightmares by the sea
vancouver
satisfied mind

but i seriously do love all of them...been listening to one of the two discs at least once a day...:heart:

Stories for Boys said:

it is most excellent...i was appreciating it last night...

my other favorites (in no order) are:

everybody here wants you
nightmares by the sea
vancouver
satisfied mind

but i seriously do love all of them...been listening to one of the two discs at least once a day...:heart:

"everybody here wants you" is the definition of White Soul! Would have been an all time classic if he'd finished it!

vanilla sky soundtrack
tribute to ramones
achtung baby(lost my old copy)
war, october (lost them both too)

Sevikins said:
I don't get out much and I rarely buy discs.

The more the merrier (in regards to albums).

I get sick of music too fast to not have a huge album collection.

Hello,

I was on a bit of a shopping spree today. Bought again far too many CD's. However, some were by Dutch artists so I guess you wouldn't know them (if you do know Tr?ckener Kecks, I bought 2 CD's by them + a single by De Dijk). Internationally, I bought:
Red Devils - King King
Coldplay - Clocks single (part 2 of the Dutch 3 CD-set, with exclusive live tracks!)
Eminem - Lose Yourself (2 song promo)

C ya!

Marty

:uhoh: I hit that Wherehouse that's going out of business again today.

America: Tribute to Heroes used 4.99
Emmylou Harris Red Dirt Girl used 4.49
Peter Gabriel Shaking the Tree (Best of thing) new 8.99
Pete Townshend Scooped new 11.49

must
stop
somehow

martha said:
:uhoh: I hit that Wherehouse that's going out of business again today.

America: Tribute to Heroes used 4.99
Emmylou Harris Red Dirt Girl used 4.49
Peter Gabriel Shaking the Tree (Best of thing) new 8.99
Pete Townshend Scooped new 11.49

must
stop
somehow

Emmylou :drool: Red Dirt Girl is the only album I have of her, but it's great. :up:
And while quite solemn, the Tribute To Heroes album is very good too. I still think that U2 were the only ones who tried to give some hope amid all the mourning, but with great performances by most of the other artists you cannot go wrong. I think it's the only time I have Mariah Carey and Celine Dion in my record collection. Oh well, you can't have (miss) everything...

C ya!

Marty

Like some kind of vulture, I went back to the dying Wherehouse.

Concert for NYC 3.99 used
REM Reconstruction of the Fables 3.99 used
REM Green 3.99 used
REM Monster 1.24 used
20th Century Masters Loretta Lynn/Conway Twitty 3.99 used
REM Murmur 6.99 new
Some weird-ass movie cowboy cassette 2.70 new

I ordered Bruce Springsteen's Live 1975-1985 3-CD box set from half.ebay a couple days ago. I can't wait til it arrives. It will be pure audio heaven! :drool: :dance: :hyper:

Police - Regatta de Blanc, Ghost in the Machine, Zenyatta Mondatta
ATYCLB and JT - I broke my other ones. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom