Name the album(s) you just bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eureka Marty...I found it!!

cass said:

:applaud:
I bought one CD
Urban Dance Squad - Mental Floss For The World :D

How come I only read about this now? :eyebrow: I should check out this thread more often! :up: cass

I hope you like it. :) I do (yes, even the last track. At times there's nothing like some chaotic noise to drive out any demons you may have).

Originally posted by fah
Stumble Into Grace - Emmylou Harris

:drool:
A great, great album! :up:
And what a woman! :drool:

BTW, I couldn't control myself yesterday (partially at least) and bought the following:
Tr?ckener Kecks - Met Hart En Ziel
Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (Australasian single with 5 bonus tracks and 2 videos)
LMC Vs U2 - Take Me To The Clouds Above (hey! It IS a U2 related release, so I want it)

BTW, I'm still busy ripping all my CD's to my computer. At the moment I'm already over the 6000 songs (although I'm nearly finished). :reject:
In fact, my 'jukebox' has almost filled the space I'd dedicated to it (40 Gb), so I may have to enlarge that section.
:reject:

C ya! (as pronounced by Rudeboy at the end of God Blasts The Queen on Mental Floss For The Globe)

Marty

popped down to the used yesterday and to HMV today:

The Cardigans - Gran Turismo
Prince - The Hits Vol. 2
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand
Ash - Meltdown

I wanted to buy the Morrissey album but propriety and the budget somehow doesn't allow me to pay the $30 required. Bloodsuckers, HMV, bloodsuckers! :angry:

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll officialize it here:

Franz Ferdinand - s/t
Pedro the Lion - Achilles Heel
The Wrens - Meadowlands
Calexico - Convict Pool
Radiohead - Com Lag
Califone - Quicksand/Cradlesnakes
Boards of Canada - Music has the Right to Children (reissue)
Devendra Banhart - Rejoicing in the Hands
Modest Mouse - Good News for People...
Neil Finn - Seven Worlds Collide
The Tea Party - Tangents

and Beth Orton - Central Reservation was recently

Notes:

I really like the Cardigans! This album almost slipped under the radar though, I haven't heard a thing about it aside from in Rockpile (magazine)

the new modest mouse is no where near as good as the moon and antarctica, though it is garnering them a little mainstream success. I think Float On is in the top 40 of some list or something

Building on the Edge of the Sky -- Halogen
Appearing Tonight... -- Miss V

and of course a couple more copies of Isidore!

I just placed these on order today, but don't have then yet (well, I do have Isidore, just not the other two).

from the used:

Suede - Dog Man Star
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Concrete Blonde - Walking In London
The Auteurs - Lenny Valentino (single)
Mark Seymour & Paul Kelly - Hey Boys (single)*

B-side is a Pogues tune called 'In and Out'.

paxetaurora said:
Protection, Massive Attack

:up:
Or at least, I have the dub edition (No Protection) and that one is great too. :)

Saturday I couldn't control myself again, so I ordered 2 titles from Play.com:
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Armed Forces (2CD reissue)
Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

They should arrive in a week or so...

C ya!

Marty

I haven't posted in here for a while, so I'll try to catch up as best I can remember.

De Stijl White Stripes
Machine Head Deep Purple
Los Lonely Boys same

And last night I hit Fingerprintz, and I'll brag about it. :wink:

A Quick One The Who
Set List The Frames
U2 R.O.K
Miss Sarajevo single

I promise I'll keep updated this summer.

B-side is a Pogues tune called 'In and Out'.

:hmm:

bad religion - the empire striked first

stupid store got in the way of me purchasing a hudson falcons cd. and i'll probably be buying something else on my way back into town in a little bit...

I just ordered two CD's, but I forgot what they were already. I guess I'll be surprised when they show up....

I just realised I haven't listed my new addition(s) yet. I got OutKast with Speakerboxxx/The Love Below. It gave me a scare first, because I saw that it was copy protected. Apparently, my Linux computer didn't think any of that stuff, as it got ripped just like any other CD. (So what's the use of copy protection then? :shrug: ) Still, I refuse to buy copy protected CD's.

I also bought 2 music magazines last Saturday and both came with a sampler. The new issue of Q magazine has an Essential Glastonbury sampler that is quite good. And the Dutch magazine Oor came with a CD with some of the latest releases (PJ Harvey, Snow Patrol, Morrissey, etc.).

*still waiting for Elvis Costello to arrive with the 2CD reissue of Armed Forces*

Received the two CD's I ordered.

Appearing Tonight... -- Miss V

and

Building on the Edge of the Sky -- Halogen

Lovely stuff.

I bought Cooper Temple Clause - Kick up the Fire and let the flames break loose

and
The cardigans - (I forget the title cos it's not really a good album)

I have First Band on the Moon and it's pretty good...but the new one is so not as good

it's always track #5

yesterday I bought myself a present ( aside from brake cylinders and hair dye)

Jimmy Little- Life's What You Make It

I actually got butterflies in my stomach listening to track 4, knowing next up I was going to be hearing his version of U2's "One" for the first time.
and then today hub just got home from work and he bought me a present! Her new album that debuted in Australia at Number One :applaud:

Kasey Chambers - Wayward Angel

:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom