Name some of the funniest movie/television moments in history

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muh2o

Acrobat
Was just remembering the bathroom scene in Me, Myself and Irene when Jim carrey is taking a leak and it shoots up and practically hits the ceiling. I almost fell out of my chair.

So, what are some of the other great funny moments on the tube or the big screen?

Happy Gilmore.. the fight scene between Adam Sandler and Bob Barker!!

The price is WRONG BITCH !

Ruthless People
The part with the police chief in the car with hooker!
biggrin.gif

"The Jeffersons", where Florence gets fed up with George and decides to act like a "real" (stereotypical) maid!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and -

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?

Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.

Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi: I don't know.

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel Tufnel: [Pause] These go to eleven.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

[Nigel is playing a soft piece on the piano]

Marty DiBergi: It's very pretty.

Nigel Tufnel: You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really. It's sort of -

Marty DiBergi: What do you call this?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump."

--This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

[This message has been edited by S|aney (edited 02-21-2002).]

When Fonzie jumped the shark wearing his leather jacket.

------------------
Me3

When Fonzie took Richie to the supermarket and tried to teach him how to pick up chicks by ramming his cart into theirs...then Richie tried and ended up ramming his cart into Fonzie's.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I remember the episode of Taxi, when Loui thinks the grim reaper is coming for Alex. They think the grim reaper will come at midnight, while Alex is wearing a catcher's mask, dancing the Can Can (or something like that). The doorbell rings, Loui and Alex are horrified. Louie freaks out, but Alex faces his fears, and answers the door, because he wants to look at the grim reaper in the face, and it's a girl scout selling cookies!

Also, one of my all-time favorite comedy movies is Tootsie (with Dustin Hoffman). I love the end when everyone on the set finds out that Tootsie is really a guy! soooo hillarious!

Tootsie is a guy?! You ruined it for me!
wink.gif

Many of the funniest moments on TV occured on The Tonight Show.

No, the REAL Tonight Show. With Johnny Carson.

One of his most famous bits is Carnac the Magnificent, in which, dressed in a cloak and turban, he answers sealed questions before never having seen the questions.

An example is the following:

JOHNNY CARSON (envelope against his forehead): Dippity-do.

ED MACMAHON: Dippity-do. Yes.

JOHNNY: Dippity-do.

(JOHNNY opens the envelope.)

JOHNNY: What do you find on your dippity in the morning?

But the FUNNIEST one I've ever heard was 1989, when I was only nine or ten:

JOHNNY: "Turner and Hooch."

ED: "Turner and Hooch." Yes. Ha-ha-ha.

JOHNNY: "Turner and Hooch."

(JOHNNY opens the envelope.)

JOHNNY: What's the most inappropriate thing you can do to a girl in church?

Turner and Hooch.

[This message has been edited by Achtung Bubba (edited 02-21-2002).]

The fight scene in Something About Mary between Ben Stiller and Puffer, literally had me on the theater floor...I laughed myself out of my seat.

Ghostbusters, when the great evil has been created, you hear this huge moster rumbling, Dan Aykroyd says..."Its the Sta-Puff Marshmallow Man".

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Back
Top Bottom