Name My Baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yolland said:
I'm a poor resource since we only considered Jewish names for our kids, but the Social Security Administration's 'baby names' database tracks the 1000 most popular baby names all the way from 1879 to the present. Might be a helpful source of ideas--either for the names lots of other cool parents are choosing, or else for making sure to avoid unwittingly giving your kid what turns out to be an uber-trendy name!

And congratulations! :up:

I hate to derail the thread, but that is really interesting. My mom choose Emily for me in 1982 because it wasn't unusually, but it wasn't that popular, either. And now it has been the number 1 name in the US for the past 10 years.

ETA: I've always loved my mom's name...Sylvia.

I have always loved what some migh call "old fashioned" names for girls, like Charlotte, Victoria and Josephine.

For boys, I love Patrick, Michael, Joseph, Aidan, Thomas.

JessicaAnn said:
I have always loved what some migh call "old fashioned" names for girls, like Charlotte, Victoria and Josephine.

In elementary school, I got teased for having the "old lady" name of Katherine. I hated my name and wanted to change it. As I got older though, I grew to love my name.

elevated_u2_fan said:

:tsk:

no... no.... no.....

Ian is MUCH better... take it from me :wink:

But make sure that it is pronounced "Ee-Ann" not "Eye-Ann" that dude from 90210 (now on Dancing With the Stars) drives me crazy :angry:

He gives all Ians a bad name... :down:

Yeah, I totally don't get that pronounciation. Who pronounces it like that??? :confused:

You can always spell it Ioan (as in Gruffud :combust: )

sulawesigirl4 said:

Yeah, I totally don't get that pronounciation. Who pronounces it like that??? :confused:

You can always spell it Ioan (as in Gruffud :combust: )

I have a feeling it was his stupid agent when he first started telling him to go with an "edgy" name or something asinine like that... :down:

Spell it any way you want as long as it ends up sounding like "Ee-Ann" it's all good... :wink:

Last edited:
elevated_u2_fan said:
I have a feeling it was his stupid agent when he first started telling him to go with an "edgy" name or something asinine like that... :down:

Spell it any way you want as long as it ends up sounding like "Ee-Ann" it's all good... :wink:

Actually, according to imbd.com it looks like it wasn't his agent so much as being from Wales. lol. Oh and apparently it is pronounced YO-an GRIFF-eth. Which is totally like it looks...:huh: or not...

Av always like Leiah after the gorge princess Leiah from star wars. And if a boy, ows about chewbacca?:wink: :wink: Seriously...i like Kieran..... my youngests name

Ooooh, how exciting....Congrats to you:

:hmm: Well my most favourite names are:
Monique
Reece
:wink:

Other favourites included:

Renée
Veronique
Katrina
Siobhán

Sebastian
Maxmillion (Max)
Shaun

Michelle
Diana
Steven
Michael
Joel
Eva
Brooke
River
Nicole
Nicholas
Charlotte
Monica

Or my name. Hahah Tracy. Not because I'm conceited but because it's a pretty unique name.

Last edited:
Whoah! Thanks, everyone, for all the well-wishes. So many names! Mons & I like a lot of the ones posted...our list has ballooned now! It might be harder to choose now than it was before...:wink:

Aaaaaaaaaaand the list is now cut in half---we just had our 20-week ultrasound and

It's a girl!!!

Still have to wait 'til November for the actual baby, though. I think we're going to strive for a good balance between girly-girl and tomboy. :wink:

I should look into getting a shotgun for 16 years from now......:hmm:

Congrats!!! :D

Utoo said:

Still have to wait 'til November for the actual baby, though. I think we're going to strive for a good balance between girly-girl and tomboy. :wink:

If you go with Samantha, you can call her Sam.

Just avoid Chastity, Misty, and most other names you see after 1 on Cinemax..

you'd be pretty much choosing her career path already.

:wink:

girl names...all can be yelled at hotshot girl shortstops

Emily
Moira
Mary Lynn
Sophie
Mary Erin

I went to Catholic school everybody was Mary something....
A friend recently had twins, their names are Monica Amalie and Charlotte Morocco

Utoo said:
Aaaaaaaaaaand the list is now cut in half---we just had our 20-week ultrasound and

It's a girl!!!

I should look into getting a shotgun for 16 years from now......:hmm:

Congratulations! :)
icon_bellyrubs.gif
stork-girl.gif

Back
Top Bottom