Name My Baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thread%20jacked.gif

Sorry Utoo. Back to baby names.
Otto, after Kevin Kline's character in A Fish Called Wanda, or my cat :wink:

Last edited:
Just wanted to say congratulations to you and Mrs. Utoo!!! :applaud:

Um...my stepmom is considering Derek or Evan for a boy...I got nothing for girl names :shrug:

Jeanne (the French form of Joan, as in Jeanne d'Arc) is probably my favourite name in the whole world. I also like Beth, Stacey, and Rachel for girls, and Justin, Ryan, and Andrew for boys. And Jordan for a boy or a girl :up:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Jeanne (the French form of Joan, as in Jeanne d'Arc) is probably my favourite name in the whole world. I also like Beth, Stacey, and Rachel for girls, and Justin, Ryan, and Andrew for boys. And Jordan for a boy or a girl :up:

Hey thats me!!!

Mary Amber
Savannah Rose
Kansas Marie

boys- anything but Josh and Ryan, there are too many of those around already and there will be a dozen in each school classroom

Congrats :happy:
My brothers and I are all named after people in our family, so there all very traditional names. I like Ashe for a girl, but my favourite names change every month :lol: I don't have any boy names at the min that I like!

Joachim? How do you speak that in English? It's an old German name, but the German pronounciation would be hell for English speakers.

Yes, Joakim in the small something called Denmark, and Joachim in Germany, loser.

Congrats... Grace or Joshua for a U2 related name of course.

I read awhile ago that someone here thought of Leah for a U2-influenced girls' name (Larry, Edge, Adam, Hewson).

One of my clients is looking for girl baby names and I forget how we got on the subject, but somehow I suggested Madeline, and then she said, "Well, there's someone named Addy in the family already, and Maddy and Addy just are too close-sounding together, and I kind of want a girl's name that sounds like a boy..."

Long story, but I came up with Madylan, and they could call her Dylan for short. :shrug: Not sure if she used it though.

I wanted to name my son Kyle Paul Hewson, but Mr. LG wouldn't have it. (I just liked Kyle for a boy's name.) But he would let me name my daughter Kelea ('kuh-LEE-ah') Paula (Paula for B, natch). Kelea Paula - sounds kinda Hawaiian. If you're bored or feel like reading about how I came up with Kelea: My mom wanted to name me Kelly but didn't. My middle name is Graclea ('GRACE-lee'), her middle name is Lea ('LEE'), and my grandmother's middle name is Lee, so I wanted to keep the 'Lea' tradition and still have a 'Kelly' influence.

Alas, me and Mr. LG will not have to worry about baby names since we won't be having kids.

U2Man said:
i have a german uncle called hans-joachim, arschloch.

Better than Kay-Uwe, or Klaus-Otto, or something like that. :)

Hans-Joachim Arschloch, sounds quite good. ;)

Congrats!!! You should consult the TV guide. My parents were going to name me Jennifer Marie (a common name chosen many Mexican-American girls at the time), and then right before Mom was going into labor she was doing the TV Guide crossword, and she was thinking how much she liked my would-be first and middle names. Apparently I agreed.

Oh, and I think Lance Uppercut would be a great name for a boy. Totally serious!

Back
Top Bottom