Name a Good Movie You've Hated...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
most of these have probably been said.

Million Dollar Baby...i wont elaborate as that would probably belong in the "annoying cliches" thread.

Lost in Translation...i like all the actors in it, but i felt like i was being preached to, very pretentious and purposefully arty. oh, and it would've been rated like PG, so they had to throw in some random scene with these naked-ass strippers that went on forever, just to get it the R rating. hate when they do that.

LOTR: ...zzzZZZZzzzz....

Finding Nemo: if I have to see one more flippin animated movie about whatever species of animal they haven't yet made a movie about...grr.

Napoleon Dynamite: I doubt this was critically acclaimed, but all my friends love it. I hate it. hate it hate it hate it.

Titanic: it's fine if you wanna make a cheesy mindless summer blockbuster, but the fact that this got any sort of award just aint right. but hey, it was the movie that taught me what "fuck" means :shrug:

i know there's more...

i :heart: the naked gun movies. the floating tape at the murder scene and the safe sex scene are the best. :rockon:

Donnie Darko; I just don't like it, I get it, I understand the tangent universe, I have watched the theatrical and directors cut of the film all of six times and it still doesn't work for me.

I didnt the like the film I've just been to see lol.

Charlie and the chocolate factory :tsk:

Johnny Depp is an amazing actor, but that film was pretty awful.....not a patch on the original.

Yeah, it can be a good film if you hated it. People tend to go with a critics opinion when they say a film is good or bad.

Example.

The newspaper: Charlie and the chocolate factory ****
My opinion: Charlie and the chocolate factory *

See, it can be done :wink:

JFK (zzzzzz)
Training Day (Denzel Washington is so overrated)
Apocalypse Now (just missed the boat on this one)

Although with that last one, I think it was years of hearing how incredible it was; how can anything live up to such hype?

I only recently saw the first two Godfather movies, however, and they lived up to the hype and then some.

Mulholland Drive (brilliant director, boring as fuck film)

Requiem for a Dream (contrived drivel)

Shakespeare In Love (can't believe Gweneth Paltrow got so much attention for this one)

Romeo + Juliet (the one with Claire Danes, left the theater when the choir broke out into When Doves Cry, and my husband managed to get our money back)

dishonorable mentions: Pirates of the Caribbean, Titanic, Brotherhood of the Wolf

Oh, and VertigoGal, I'm with you on Napoleon Dynamite.

Last edited:
basically I agree with everyone and take two exceptions:
Silence of the Lambs: whomever said this movis should turn in their "good taste" card

and Earnie, whom I agree with alot on the musical things on other forums said "anything with Tom Hanks". are you fucking kidding me? He's the only REAL person acting in all these movies.
What a horrendous pick.

Michaelangelo Antonioni's "L'Aventura" :mad: :mad: :mad:

This film is supposedly perfect and flawless, it even made Ebert's Top 100 films of all time et cetera et cetera.

But I hate the callousness of his characters. There isn't one likeable character in it. I know that's not the point, but god it was irritating. Give me Fellini any day.

foray

Ditto on Charlie And The Chocolate Factory ... :yuck:

Johnny Depp was too strange in that movie !!
In the original movie, Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka was much more fun and exciting to watch !! :up: :applaud:

The English Patient - I found it to be quite a "cold" film in that I didn't really care what happened to the characters.

Closer - again, same reasons as the English patient.

I have to throw in my vote for The English Patient and Closer. I immediately thought of these two movies before I opened the thread.

Back
Top Bottom