Name a BAD movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lara Mullen said:

there's something about mary - i still don't know why so many people love that movie

i hate that movie, too.

pretty woman
the village
final destination (i'm embarrassed to admit i've seen this)

i didn't like something about mary. i don't remember laughing at all.

Shall we dance - The American remake :barf:

The Japanese version is amazing, but yet again the terrible talent of J.Lo helps to screws up yet another flick. And Richard Gere tickles my barf reflect as always.

Wow, no one has mentioned Bridges Of Madison County yet.
Has anyone seen it? If you haven't let me give you a quick review of this tripe.

Clint Eastwood arrives at this one-horse town as a National Geographic photographer. He is doing a story on Madison's bridges. He meets Meryl Streep, who's crying. She spends most of the movie crying, so this is irrelevant. Anyway, her husband pisses off for a few days and Meryl and Clint shag. She cries some more, he wanders off to photograph some bridges, and she drives around town like a maniac...crying. Her husband comes back to town and he drives her around, still crying, I think they needed milk or something. The deaf, dumb and blind husband is oblivious to her bawling, strangely, but I guess in fictionland he's had their entire marriage to get used to it. Then the credits roll.

And that's it. Dont ever watch it, ok? Truly, you'd thank me for the warning.

Excluding sequels, here are my choices for worst movies I've ever seen...

Joe Versus the Volcano
Mr. Baseball
Black Sheep
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Space Cowboys
Ski Patrol
Billy Madison
Boxing Helena
Curly Sue
Clifford
Easy Money
The Haunting (1999 Remake)
High School High
Leprechaun
Inner Sanctum
Lost and Found
Night at the Roxbury
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Showgirls
Sympathy for the Devil
Strange Brew
Along Came a Spider

Home Fries is complete crap.
Crap_Emoticon.gif

Love Actually- Bored me to death

Blade Trinity- Made no sense and was more about the other characters than about Blade.

The Ace Ventura movies: Never found them funny at all

Queen Of The Damned- Did the director even read the book?!
Yes Stuart Townsend looked hot but by no means did he capture essence of Lestat. The acting was horrible. The only good thing about this movie is the soundtrack.

Shadow Of The Vampire- I really like John Malkovich and Willem Dafoe but this movie was a waste of time. I really wanted to like it too.

Underworld- The moment Selene and Mchael "fall in love" the movie lost my attention. I loved the whole dark/blue look to the movie though. The vamps bored me and the lycans were one dimensional.

Troy- After watching the LOTR trilogy (which I like) I am so tired of seeing "epics" where CGI armies fight one another. Most of the acting was laughable. Brad Pitt looked great but his acting was terrible in this film. The only saving grace of this movie is Eric Bana and Sean Bean (in a small role). Why did the director butcher the Illiad to make this garbage?

King Arthur- There was no need to waste money to make this film. The whole sex scene is not even needed. I'm sorry but I really do not want to see Kiera run around half dressed when she looks like a stick figure. Owen was the only three dimensional character.

Last edited:
Danospano said:

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

no.

Art Deco rocks, and that movie it's totally Art Deco (even the historical moment, the obsession with exotic cultures, and all that context) it's like a moving Art Deco paint

is an underrated movie

Siren said:

Troy- After watching the LOTR trilogy (which I like) I am so tired of seeing "epics" where CGI armies fight one another.

This whole army thing is going to turn around full circle one day. Someone will film a battle using only extras and they will get rave reviews for old school directing without CGI. "He used 1500 extras in that scene and it was magnificent, just like the great hollywood epics of the '50s." The day will come.

Also, I hate the Braveheart speech before every battle to rouse the troops, I'm going to the bathroom when that starts.:rolleyes:

what the (bleep) do we know?

i'm not sure if it was bad, or just ??? it's part documentary, with interviews with new age-y type authors and quantum physics professors, intercut with dramatic illustrations of what these people are talking about. i thought the dramatic parts were absolutely horrible, very heavy-handed. but the interviews were interesting to say the least.

i came away from it thinking that all of what we think is 'reality' is just one big mindfuck! :huh:

House of Wax (the current remake)

$9 I'll never see again

I wonder if the editor even saw the entire script - some scenes as so far out of place that simple time progression is lost.

AvsGirl41 said:
Trick or Treat featuring Ozzy Osbourne...

Frogs

I have the soundtrack for Trick Or Treat lol - I was a headbanger back in the day...don't remember much of the movie.

Oh, man. I had forgotten about The Forgotten (no pun intended). That movie sucked beyond words. It was hilarious. In the bad kind of way. :huh:

I think the main problem we have in naming 'a bad movie' is that we find it difficult to differentiate between a movie we didnt like and a 'genuinely bad movie'. The two are usually lumped together. It'd be interesting to have a 'Name a Good Movie You Hated' Thread.

Last terrible movie, and it was terrible (not even the special effects or action sequences, which it was probably aiming for to be good at, were 'good'), was 'The Leaque of Extraordinary Gentlemen'. Absolutely appalling.

Ant.

Back
Top Bottom