Name a BAD movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fah said:
The Avengers :down:

agree - That was a movie that should have been cool, but ended up a mess. I had sort of a delayed reaction hate to that movie too. I sat through the whole thing, really wanting it to be good. As I was exiting the theater, some woman behind me said, "That movie sucked!" and then I realized, yes it did suck! It sucked really, really badly! :mad:

The Haunting was another one of those movies (not the original, but the remake with CZJ and Liam Neesom). My sister said that when she saw it, people started laughing and booing at the ending.

randhail said:
Garden State

:shocked:

one of my favourite movies, ever. but, everybody's different.

allow me to add:

weekend at bernie's 2
i know what you did last summer
scary movie and all its ridiculous sequels

and, i loved the matrix, but the sequels sucked. as most sequels tend to do.

I hate Bridget Jones' Diary with every fiber of my being. I thought it was condescending, unfunny tripe.

Entropy was horrible too. I try to forget U2 had any association with it.

I turned off City of Angels after 10 minutes.

Actually, I hate most modern romantic comedies. Nine out of 10 times they are neither funny nor romantic.

Cat in the Hat. Really bad idea to make this film, and I even knew that going into it, but then found myself in a theatre full of kids under 10 and Mike Myers is up there saying "dirty ho". And you just think, oh good god, this isn't going to make it past opening weekend...

2 recent not BAD but so-completely-overrated-makes-me-hate-them films: Sideways and Closer. Sorry.

u2girlcj said:
2 recent not BAD but so-completely-overrated-makes-me-hate-them films: Sideways and Closer. Sorry.

Million Dollar Baby fits under that category, for me.

Tomb Raider film was pretty bad. I was dragged to that film and didn't expect it to be any good, but I thought that at least Angelina Jolie would be fun as Lara... and she was just so bloody dull!

Batman and Robbin was so jaw-droppingly bad it makes Tomb Raider look like a masterpiece.

Final Fantasy (Square USA one)

that's no Final Fantasy!! where the hell is Ifrit? where is Chocobo? where is Shiva?!!! I cried when the film ended, it was... it wasn't Final Fantasy

Keebler884 said:
Thin Red Line - Saw this in the theater. About halfway through the movie, there is a scene with a fadeout. People in the theater started getting up, thinking it was over. The movie then came back on. There was actually an audible groan throughout the audience. True story.

No-o-o-o-o... :drool:

I agree with Vanilla Sky being a painfully bad movie to watch.

On the other hand, I prefer films that are so bad that they're entertaining, like 80s horror/sci-fi.

furry

Jack In The Box said:
Final Fantasy (Square USA one)

that's no Final Fantasy!! where the hell is Ifrit? where is Chocobo? where is Shiva?!!! I cried when the film ended, it was... it wasn't Final Fantasy

I tried to like it, but yeah.. it had none of the Final Fantasy spirit. :sigh:

More bad movies:

Ash Wednesday (the one with Elijah Wood.. really boring and poor acting)
Tron (so bad you can't even laugh at it :| )
The Forgotten (I was dragged, and I already knew the ending :rolleyes: )

One that sticks out in my mind is "The Way of the Gun" with Ryan Phillippe, Benecio Del Torro, and Juliette Lewis. Good God that movie sucked ass, it made no sense! I saw it in the theater and after a while people started laughing at parts that weren't met to be funny and started yelling "This sucks!". I doubt many people saw the movie.

demolition man, with s. stallone :uhoh: there was a time when this movie was in fucking heavy rotation on Tv where i lived, i was horrified and scarred for months.. despite my best efforts, i have probably seen it like 15-20 times :mad:

vampires, los muertos of j carpenter was pretty terrible. the vampires were totally unexciting, non-menacing and rather laughable. also the characters kept switching between vamp-human the whole time. very crappy

and the crown has to go to IMPOSTOR with gary sinise... that was some utter crap! android who is also a walking bomb that is being controlled by freaky aliens? what the fuck!

edit: and yeah, honorable mention to dungeons dragons for being the pile of shit it was. i cant name ONE thing about this movie that wasnt horrendous. it was so terrible that i was ready to choke myself. as a principle, i dont walk out from movies, but this really made me question my convictions, and my very being. :huh:

edit2: another really bad movie. grudge!!! it was so bad that we burst into laughter everytime the creepy kid showed up.. we were supposed to be terrified. is it japanese sense of humor? because it is too ridiculous. VERY BAD.

edit3: seeds of evil or something with 'erin driscoll' of 24 and some random actor, totally terrible. there is this 'hot' painter/prisoner who was convicted cause he dismembered and brutally killed his ex girlfriend, then 5 years into his sentence, some psycho commits a similar murder, confesses to the first one, and goes and hangs himself in his cell! so this journalist (alberta) starts a campaign to get him out, and THE DAY he is out, she takes him home and fucks his brains out. then the guy turns out to be the REAL killer and events unfold. utter shit!

this thread brought back all these memories... now ive opened to pandoras box! all the bad movies ive ever seen are coming back to haunt me:crazy:

Last edited:
I'm going to assume that no one's said it because everyone here actually had the dignity not to see it. So, here I go... Gigli!

:crack:

Not to mention:
- Glitter (been said... I actually had to fastforward through a lot of the end. I would have turned it off, except a friend of mine told me that her boyfriend actually does die, so I had to see that.)
- Freddy vs. Jason (this movie was a JOKE.)
- Drumline :)crack: )

And many more...

DeadMansParty said:
prayer of the rollerboys

:giggle:
prayer_of_the_rollerboys.jpg

Saracene said:
Ben-Hur (the one with Charlton Heston). The chariot race is neat, but the rest is a turgid bore with ridiculous overacting.

Oh yeah, and Van Helsing was sooo unbelievably bad it was almost entertaining.

if you look close, you can see that Charlton is wearing a watch in one scene.

Back
Top Bottom