Mythbusters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
Anyone else here like this show? It's always interesting to see what kind of stuff they're going to put poor Buster through heh. I think one of my favourites was the tree cannon... that was just really, really cool :up:

You know, I think Edge would make a good mythbuster hehe :edge: :lol:

I think Mythbusters is great! Adam Savage is insane and cool at the same time! :rockon:
I thought the chicken cannon was quite impressive

....Edge does have the brains for the job.. :lol:

I don't have cable. :(

When I lived with my dad, I loved watching this show. Urban legends are an interest of mine, so I really enjoyed the show.

Last nights show was really amazing

Spoilers below

--------------------
They managed to break glass using just a voice. It was really really cool. The first time ever that has been caught on film!!!

I always hoped that Mythbusters was really about proving that Cyclopes and Centaurs don't exist, so when I watched it, I couldn't help but be dissappointed.

I caught a few episodes in Australia over the summer and thought it was great ^_^ The Jaws special was fun but I loved the lengths they went to to see if toast really DOES fall buttered side down.

Yea that's the great thing about Mythbusters, they really do put alot of effort into it. And if something is supposed to go boom, then they're going to try just about anything to make it go boom! Heh.

Did anyone see the cement truck one? Holy crap!

RavenBlue said:
Yea that's the great thing about Mythbusters, they really do put alot of effort into it. And if something is supposed to go boom, then they're going to try just about anything to make it go boom! Heh.

Did anyone see the cement truck one? Holy crap!
:ohmy: Yep...that was some serious "blow-'em-up" fun!! :up: :D

Whenever they have the challenges between Jamie and Adam, you almost always have to bet on Jamie. That is a smart dude, well they both are but Jamie always comes up with the better idea.

I love this show and I generally hate television. Actually, Discovery might be my favorite channel after ESPN.

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

I watch this show every week or other week on Discovery Channel Canada but have yet to see a repeat, even during the summer. I see a new show everytime even the revisited episodes. I find this so odd, whenever I remember to watch Ali G on IFC, it's one of two shows I have already seen.

All the same, this show is great fun although it really takes all the fun out of movies as most of the action sequences in film are bull.:wink:

Did you watch the episode last night? I love that show. They have the best jobs ever! You really get to appreciate too, their intelligence. It's amazing, they say okay we need to do this... and then they do. Incredible :yes:

Yes, definitely a fun job. They build stuff and then destroy it, whee, good times.:lol:

They are great engineers and talented to make the devices they use to test the myths, not to mention being guinea pigs themselves. That was hilarious last night when Adam hurled after being in the whirlpool.

I love Mythbusters. The best episode was the Hollywood Crime Special. The part when Jamie was going up the air shaft with his super-magnets was so funny, It was the loudest thing. Adam turned to the camera and said, 'Thor the god of thunder, is entering my building.' A great show.

I've been loving this show lately. I caught one show recently where they tested the "5 second rule" for dropping food on the floor. Bacterial cultures have always interested me for some weird reason. :nerd:

ooh I love Mythbusters so :heart:

I think one reason is because I always watch it and think about how much fun it would be to have their job... but I don't think they need an archaeologist. :nerd:

I always keep seeing the same ones, though. It always seems to be the one where they make the crossbows to kill the prison guards.

Back
Top Bottom