Mystic River - Don't look if you haven't seen it yet!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
I thought this was a very good movie but man did I hate the ending. Why should the punk Sean Penn get away with murder? Just because Tim Robbins had a f**cked up life made it ok? Even Penn's wife was acting like it was no big deal. I was at least hoping to see an alternate ending on the special features but there wasn't even any special features. WTF

This why it's a good movie, it shows life isnt fun and happy, and things dont always happen the way that you'd like or the way they should.

Still, I thought the last 10 mins of the film could have been cut.

Sean Penn's wife and her Lady MacBeth speech at the end was ridiculous. I personally thought it was not a very good movie and Sean Penn was gunning for an Oscar.

HelloAngel said:
Sean Penn's wife and her Lady MacBeth speech at the end was ridiculous.

Good reference :up:

The tone and inflection of her voice implied some really unsavory things. It was a little inconsistent with the rhythm of the movie.

Other than that, I thought the metaphor at the end was somewhat fitting. The float carrying the fatherless child away, while the crowd sits complacent with the wrongdoings. Simple as the analogy is to the opening sequence, and the "wolves" taking the boy away, the execution of it at least allows for the perception that restitution for all parties may never occur.

Ambiguous... and semi-real. Decent attempt in my opinion.

Last edited:
I loved that film and hated it in the same time :eyebrow:
When I went out of the cinema, I felt rather sick and sad but I thought : what a movie ! It really made me feel strange and I can't explain why actually. Maybe the end... :huh:
Maybe the aim of such good film is to make you feel so dizzy...

Marie

Back
Top Bottom