Mynt Lounge, Werribee Superthread - Page 67 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #991
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:34 PM
This is totally out of nowhere and probably belongs in the video game thread but I don't wanna derail nothing and I love all of you enough that I just wanna put a little rant in because I'm so pissed off right now.

So basically this woman who makes videos about sexism in pop culture, and does so in a way that is completely rational, collected and interesting and not even remotely offensive towards men (because apparently feminism means you totally hate men, according to Things I've Read On The Internet) started this kickstarter fund to produce a series that examines female stereotypes in gaming. That's it.

Support My Kickstarter Project - Tropes vs Women in Video Games - YouTube

Well, guess what? Shitstorm! She's been harrassed on every single part of the internet she has a page on, her wikipedia page was fucked up by trolls in the most awful ways possible, and every single mention of her on any video game website ends with a bunch of whiny, entitled straight male gamers complaining about WHY DOESN'T ANYONE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE OBJECTIVISM OF MEN, and FUCKING FEMENAZI CUNTS and FEMINISM IS THE SEXISMEST PEOPLE. Just look at this fucking shit! An interview with her was posted on Gamespot, and roughly 10534604% of the comments are the absolute worst thing in the universe.

The reason I'm so worked up about this is that I love video games and I always have. I have wanted to work in the video game industry since I was a child. I still want to, and I think I will. And I've never identified with any self-empowering "girl gamer" bullshit - I've just been a gamer and I've never tried to let my gender define what kind of gamer I am or what games I play. But now I'm seeing this, this absolutely enormous reaction to something so harmless, and now I feel ostracised. I feel like I don't even belong. I'm ashamed to be a gamer and I'm not even sure I want to have anything to do with working in an industry if it's catering to the absolute scum of the world.

I just wanted to post this because I've only just read this shit in the middle of my busiest week of school this year, and everything just fucking sucks, man.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #992
45:33

Local Time: 01:04 PM
That did the rounds today.

I wouldn't get too worked up over 4chan fuckwits Bonnie. Unsurprising response from the lowest form of bandwidth users the world has ever known.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #993
Blue Crack Addict

It's not just 4chan fuckwits, though. I'm seeing idiotic responses even on some of the generally better gaming websites, like Destructoid and Gamasutra. It's just pissing me off. Maybe I just need to go to sleep.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #994
Blue Crack Addict

Those arseholes are why I'm a feminist.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #995
Blue Crack Addict

It would be silly not to be.

I really gotta watch Parks & Recreation.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #996
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
It would be silly not to be.
Yeah, true.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:06 AM   #997
Vocal parasite

I've nothing much to add to Bonnie's rant except to say that this wave of hate will give her shitloads of material for her series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
Although its terribly hard to find with Carek constantly spamming every single thought/smell/taste/sight she has in the 90million other threads in this area.
You can see why we got these threads made a sticky, can't you? Rest of OOC is practically worthless. Though I'm sure you care what my last text message was, what I just ate, what I'm wearing, and which hair just fell off my head ... IF YOU ARE A STALKER.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-14-2012, 02:07 AM   #998
Vocal parasite

Also, after the rumours seemed promising, I'm underwhelmed by the Harvest line-up.

I imagine they probably won't do a Melbourne sideshow, but if they do and it's cheap enough, I'll at least go and see Sigur Ros.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-14-2012, 02:37 AM   #999
45:33

I love it. Not as much as last year's but it's still great and only half announced at the moment.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #1000
Vocal parasite

I've actually almost entirely forgotten the line-up already. Grizzly Bear I find uneventful, Beck comes across as a tosser but I've never actually listened to more than a couple of songs ... and yeah, that's about all I can remember.

Oh yeah, Cake? They're still together?!

And Dandy Warhols? I thought they just toured.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #1001
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver
I've nothing much to add to Bonnie's rant except to say that this wave of hate will give her shitloads of material for her series!

You can see why we got these threads made a sticky, can't you? Rest of OOC is practically worthless. Though I'm sure you care what my last text message was, what I just ate, what I'm wearing, and which hair just fell off my head ... IF YOU ARE A STALKER.
Yeah, I hadn't realized it was a sticky/where those were and went scrolling in the wrong area looking, and found all that. This place has changed from back when randooooom was told to take the chatter to aim.lulz.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:29 AM   #1002
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:04 PM
Erk. Any ideas for a new thread?
Old 06-14-2012, 06:00 AM   #1003
Vocal parasite

Wow, I actually remembered one of my thread ideas at the right time to make a new thread. Here we go, let's move on kicking and screaming to http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ad-214041.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
Yeah, I hadn't realized it was a sticky/where those were and went scrolling in the wrong area looking, and found all that. This place has changed from back when randooooom was told to take the chatter to aim.lulz.
Oh god, AIM. There's a blast from the past.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread