Mynt Lounge, Werribee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is totally out of nowhere and probably belongs in the video game thread but I don't wanna derail nothing and I love all of you enough that I just wanna put a little rant in because I'm so pissed off right now.

So basically this woman who makes videos about sexism in pop culture, and does so in a way that is completely rational, collected and interesting and not even remotely offensive towards men (because apparently feminism means you totally hate men, according to Things I've Read On The Internet) started this kickstarter fund to produce a series that examines female stereotypes in gaming. That's it.

Support My Kickstarter Project - Tropes vs Women in Video Games - YouTube

Well, guess what? Shitstorm! She's been harrassed on every single part of the internet she has a page on, her wikipedia page was fucked up by trolls in the most awful ways possible, and every single mention of her on any video game website ends with a bunch of whiny, entitled straight male gamers complaining about WHY DOESN'T ANYONE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE OBJECTIVISM OF MEN, and FUCKING FEMENAZI CUNTS and FEMINISM IS THE SEXISMEST PEOPLE. Just look at this fucking shit! An interview with her was posted on Gamespot, and roughly 10534604% of the comments are the absolute worst thing in the universe.

The reason I'm so worked up about this is that I love video games and I always have. I have wanted to work in the video game industry since I was a child. I still want to, and I think I will. And I've never identified with any self-empowering "girl gamer" bullshit - I've just been a gamer and I've never tried to let my gender define what kind of gamer I am or what games I play. But now I'm seeing this, this absolutely enormous reaction to something so harmless, and now I feel ostracised. I feel like I don't even belong. I'm ashamed to be a gamer and I'm not even sure I want to have anything to do with working in an industry if it's catering to the absolute scum of the world.

I just wanted to post this because I've only just read this shit in the middle of my busiest week of school this year, and everything just fucking sucks, man.

That did the rounds today.

I wouldn't get too worked up over 4chan fuckwits Bonnie. Unsurprising response from the lowest form of bandwidth users the world has ever known.

It's not just 4chan fuckwits, though. I'm seeing idiotic responses even on some of the generally better gaming websites, like Destructoid and Gamasutra. It's just pissing me off. Maybe I just need to go to sleep.

I've nothing much to add to Bonnie's rant except to say that this wave of hate will give her shitloads of material for her series!

Although its terribly hard to find with Carek constantly spamming every single thought/smell/taste/sight she has in the 90million other threads in this area.

You can see why we got these threads made a sticky, can't you? Rest of OOC is practically worthless. Though I'm sure you care what my last text message was, what I just ate, what I'm wearing, and which hair just fell off my head ... IF YOU ARE A STALKER.

Also, after the rumours seemed promising, I'm underwhelmed by the Harvest line-up.

I imagine they probably won't do a Melbourne sideshow, but if they do and it's cheap enough, I'll at least go and see Sigur Ros.

I've actually almost entirely forgotten the line-up already. Grizzly Bear I find uneventful, Beck comes across as a tosser but I've never actually listened to more than a couple of songs ... and yeah, that's about all I can remember.

Oh yeah, Cake? They're still together?!

And Dandy Warhols? I thought they just toured.

Axver said:
I've nothing much to add to Bonnie's rant except to say that this wave of hate will give her shitloads of material for her series!

You can see why we got these threads made a sticky, can't you? Rest of OOC is practically worthless. Though I'm sure you care what my last text message was, what I just ate, what I'm wearing, and which hair just fell off my head ... IF YOU ARE A STALKER.

Yeah, I hadn't realized it was a sticky/where those were and went scrolling in the wrong area looking, and found all that. This place has changed from back when randooooom was told to take the chatter to aim.lulz.

Wow, I actually remembered one of my thread ideas at the right time to make a new thread. Here we go, let's move on kicking and screaming to http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f296/yell-sound-shetland-superthread-214041.html

Yeah, I hadn't realized it was a sticky/where those were and went scrolling in the wrong area looking, and found all that. This place has changed from back when randooooom was told to take the chatter to aim.lulz.

Oh god, AIM. There's a blast from the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom