Mynt Lounge, Werribee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend at work convinced that drop bears are real. He was admiring my plush platypus that Alison sent me that is taking up residence on my desk and I was explaining to him how poisonous and deadly they were. Then I explained how a roo could eviscerate you if he wanted and a koala could take off your face and then I mentioned the elusive Wild Australian Drop Bear. I told him they were the deadliest animal in Australia next to the redback spider and that they live in the gum trees and howl at the moon when they get a thirst for human flesh. I was worried I'd oversold it, but he bought it. I kinda feel bad for the guy.

I'm possibly hitting up the NHL store with a few items in the next couple of days, would anyone in the US of A be kind enough to donate your address and then ship the gear off to me? I'll be of course fixing you up for the shipping cost to Ozland.

I have a friend at work convinced that drop bears are real. He was admiring my plush platypus that Alison sent me that is taking up residence on my desk and I was explaining to him how poisonous and deadly they were. Then I explained how a roo could eviscerate you if he wanted and a koala could take off your face and then I mentioned the elusive Wild Australian Drop Bear. I told him they were the deadliest animal in Australia next to the redback spider and that they live in the gum trees and howl at the moon when they get a thirst for human flesh. I was worried I'd oversold it, but he bought it. I kinda feel bad for the guy.

Awesome work :up:

I'm possibly hitting up the NHL store with a few items in the next couple of days, would anyone in the US of A be kind enough to donate your address and then ship the gear off to me? I'll be of course fixing you up for the shipping cost to Ozland.

Wish I could, sorry.

For the record, the mistake made was in the taste. It was horrible.

Ok, the majority of the people in my class haven't seen It's A Wonderful Life, incidentally only 6 people in my class aren't international students.

Registering my cat as a therapy animal for my brother so when we move (assuming we'll have a place to move to and won't be homeless) no one can make us give him up.

My credit score's not as terrible as I thought (yay!) so maybe we'll have a chance at getting something. even if it's a one-bedroom flat.

If you have a good rental history and you have a good source of income, they pretty much (PRETTY MUCH) don't care about your credit score.

I put an offer on that Brisbane shirt, even though it's a size small and I wear a medium. Hopefully I lose that weight >_>

If you have a good rental history and you have a good source of income, they pretty much (PRETTY MUCH) don't care about your credit score.

I put an offer on that Brisbane shirt, even though it's a size small and I wear a medium. Hopefully I lose that weight >_>

I don't have any rental history, but I have a steady job. We'll see.

So I see RYM's gone crazy about the new Beach House album (straight to #1 for 2012). I'm listening to it now. Earlier, I listened to For Against's Shelf Life, and this just seems like the poor man's version of that - though Bloom is doing more for me than the fairly listless and unremarkable Teen Dream did. I suspect a 3.5/5.

Trashley, if you guys find that Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends vinyl on record store day, destroy it.

Fixed. :wink:

And speaking of vinyl, lul lul lulz (with some reference to certain comments elsewhere today). I can't believe people still listen to that. Everybody from the early nineties is hitting you around the head.

Dude, vinyl's sound is superior to the digital compression of CDs, plus there's something warm and familiar about spinning wax.

Yeah, I know. You don't even have to say it. Hell, I'm kicking my own ass, okay? I agree with the statement, but God, I sound like a hipster. I want to punch myself in the face.

I associate vinyl with poverty. When I was a kid, for years we had records and cassettes because we couldn't afford a CD player. I hate the sound of vinyl. The hissing, the popping, the scratching, even just the quiet hiss of a record that hasn't copped hell over the years. I don't know why people fetishise that sort of sound; I'd rather nothing but the sound of the songs themselves, no hissing of the medium.

I hold CDs in no regard either, and they're becoming very outdated. The medium for me is digital; I have no interest in music as a physical format. After all, music itself isn't physical; I just want whatever delivers me aural satisfaction in the most convenient and efficient way.

But seriously, god, I remember in the nineties, we all couldn't want to chuck out our records and cassettes. They were a massive pain in the arse - flipping sides, so much clutter, deteriorate badly, the hissing, all of that. Now people are acting as if flipping a record makes the listening experience more personal or something. NOBODY THOUGHT THAT BACK WHEN RECORDS WERE THE MAIN FORMAT! Christ. It was a huge inconvenience. If people in the late seventies came to the future and saw how some people today talk about vinyl, they'd bloody well swing a few punches.

Axver, over the weekend would you be kind enough to read through an essay I'm writing for English? Advice etc? I want to get a high mark and I'm only supposed to consult the teacher once. :lol:

What's it on/what do I get out of it/my fee is $50 a word/sure.

Trashley, if you guys find that Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends vinyl on record store day, I'll reimburse plus more!

Between this and Destroyer, the list is getting long, Cobbler!

But it's no problem, of course. Australia is music-challenged, so I'm happy to help.

So I see RYM's gone crazy about the new Beach House album (straight to #1 for 2012). I'm listening to it now. Earlier, I listened to For Against's Shelf Life, and this just seems like the poor man's version of that - though Bloom is doing more for me than the fairly listless and unremarkable Teen Dream did. I suspect a 3.5/5.

It's so fucking good. This year has been unremarkable thus far, but it's starting to heat up a bit. Have you checked out that Pepe Deluxe album? It's odd, but highly catchy and most assuredly NOT stereotypical indie rock.

For Axver, Reggo, anyone interested: new Disinfectant Trifecta album 3/27. Finishing up the last song either tomorrow night or sometime prior to Tuesday when I have a couple of hours.

This year has been unremarkable thus far, but it's starting to heat up a bit.

Can't agree with the first half of that sentence at all. 5/5 for Alcest, 4/5 for If These Trees Could Talk, Les Discrets, Chairlift, School Of Seven Bells, and Borknagar. (Oddly, no 4.5/5 yet for me.) Plus I dig that Grimes album, even if it's no more than a 3.5/5. Good year, even if Anathema continue to not be Anathema.

Have you checked out that Pepe Deluxe album? It's odd, but highly catchy and most assuredly NOT stereotypical indie rock.

I saw the RYM forums gushing over it ... then I looked at its page and decided it's pretty much the lamest thing I've ever seen them gush over. Plus, Pepe Deluxe is one of the lamest band names I've ever heard. So you've got some persuading to do if you're going to talk me out of never listening to it.

For Axver, Reggo, anyone interested: new Disinfectant Trifecta album 3/27. Finishing up the last song either tomorrow night or sometime prior to Tuesday when I have a couple of hours.

Sweet.

Between this and Destroyer, the list is getting long, Cobbler!

But it's no problem, of course. Australia is music-challenged, so I'm happy to help.

Well I've got someone looking out for Rubies for me. If you happen to see it though, let me know. Flaming Lips would be incredible awesome if you can find it. Cheers :up:

Totally didn't just squee. Nope, not me. :whistle:

tumblr_m07pq8CWqd1qfyvlz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom