Mynt Lounge, Werribee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't you Mr Twitter!

Meanwhile, I've kind of forgotten about my account.

Hah. I deleted my facebook and twitter about a month ago. Tempted to get back into Twitter, cause it was pretty cool. I don't think I'll ever go back to facebook though.

The wife is kinda addicted, not in a bad way. But I'm more or less proving a point that you can live without it ;) I'll probably go back to it before the year is out :lol:

Yeah, I usually avoid using my phone if I can. So much quicker to send somebody a message on here, Facebook, or e-mail than to text.

Last night I made the mistake of posting a great status outside of "prime time". So it only got four likes when it could have had 15 or 20.

Last night I made the mistake of posting a great status outside of "prime time". So it only got four likes when it could have had 15 or 20.

Something about this post makes me want to slap you.

What doesn't, let's be honest!

Nah, most of the time what you post doesn't bother me, but I dunno, anytime I see anyone taking facebook too seriously, I want to shake them. Maybe because my mom has been addicted to Farmville for two years...

I am RAGING after the utter shite I've had to read today. Good lord, how did some people even pass high school?

Eh, shouldn't post specifics, especially not publicly, but oh dear lord, it's amazing how some people just can't write a clear sentence to save themselves, and some Engrish is just sad, honestly. If your English is that weak, I'm not sure why you would be struggling through a degree here, so far from home, rather than doing one in your own language.

Adam hitler lifed in a big castle in Germminy and one day he rode horse to poland invaded them all and little girl in hollend wrote book diary about what him did it only 1st degree saurce on world war 1

[shit bibliography]

Any of you guys heard of Fire! Santa Rosa, Fire! ? (yes, that is their retarded band name.) They opened for St Vincent and were awesome.

Also, Ax, when you talk about a crummy atmosphere at The Hi-Fi... the band were awesome tonight but there did feel like a lack of energy and only me and a few others I could see were doing anything more than head-bobbing. You experienced that before at the Hifi? I mean I know a lot of Melbourne crowds are apathetic but this one in particular was very lethargic.

Adam hitler lifed in a big castle in Germminy and one day he rode horse to poland invaded them all and little girl in hollend wrote book diary about what him did it only 1st degree saurce on world war 1

[shit bibliography]

This would actually be better than at least one of the essays I marked yesterday.

Any of you guys heard of Fire! Santa Rosa, Fire! ? (yes, that is their retarded band name.) They opened for St Vincent and were awesome.

Yeah, I've seen their name around and heard they're good. Not actually seen/listened to them myself though. Think they were meant to support a gig I was going to attend last year but then didn't end up going.

Also, Ax, when you talk about a crummy atmosphere at The Hi-Fi... the band were awesome tonight but there did feel like a lack of energy and only me and a few others I could see were doing anything more than head-bobbing. You experienced that before at the Hifi? I mean I know a lot of Melbourne crowds are apathetic but this one in particular was very lethargic.

Yeah, that's every gig I've seen at the Hi-Fi. I think it's partly the weird floor design with the U-shaped quasi-pit up the front. It's a good idea poorly executed (Billboard The Venue over on Russell St gets the staggered levels thing right). Also, the venue just seems a bit cavernous, and I've noticed that whenever it's the encore break, things are just awkward and encore chants don't get going properly. You feel really conspicuous trying to start a chant in a way that doesn't happen at other venues.

It's a shame too because the PA quality really is very nice, the stage is bigger than any other venue of a comparable size, and sightlines are pretty good.

Ha, no. I actually haven't smoked since this morning. Got suuuuuuuper high this morning, though.

Probably gonna take a couple of days off the weed and just stick to beer this weekend.

I'll be watching hours upon hours of college basketball tomorrow, and then I am going to see the Arctic Monkeys and the Black Keys on Friday night.

Hello!

Woah, it's GAF!

I'm doing work. Sort of.

And eating toast. Yeah. My life is exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom