Mynt Lounge, Werribee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know someone who wrote an essay the night before it was due while he was on speed. At the time, he thought he was writing the most amazingly eloquent and brilliant essay in the universe. The next morning he realised it was actually all indecipherable codswallop. :lol:

And Reggo, Dave is a fucktard. You only demean yourself by continuing to associate with him. Please stop. :hug:

Who told them it was OK to take some character from pop culture, take their catch phrase and tack "happy birthday" onto it?

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain. Happy birthday!" - Roy Batty, wishing you a happy birthday

Nice reference! :love:

I hope everybody who contributed to making The Morning Benders change their name to something as dreadful as Pop Etc feels really, really bad. And this from a guy who finds their music underwhelming. The whole situation is just dumb.

Also, it was not until this very moment that I knew "bender" meant something other than 1. getting wasted or 2. the funniest robot on television.

I don't like the band very much, either, but this news pissed me right the fuck off.
I saw the first two episodes and found it dreadfully boring.

Same here. Then find out that the show got crazy cracked out, and I feel compelled to give it another go, but I just don't have the time.
Uni courses have so little contact that you rarely get to know students much, and generally if you do, it's the good ones.

Public universities, maybe. I have had many classes with about 10 students in them. I've also had a FEW that had about 60, but those weren't the norm.

It's been a while since I've felt this confused by my work schedule, but I really don't feel like I have any clue what time it is right now. It's a very eerie feeling.

"most prestigious university in Australia" pfft :rolleyes:

Well it's either us or ANU!

Public universities, maybe. I have had many classes with about 10 students in them. I've also had a FEW that had about 60, but those weren't the norm.

Both times I've tutored, I've taken two tutorial groups with a total of 35-40 students between them. In a regular semester, you see each tute group for a grand total of twelve hours; in the summer semester I just taught, it was down to eight hours. I could barely remember anyone. The maximum tutorial size is 23 in History, but it tends to hover around 15-20 for your average tute group.

Also, I'm not sure I see the significance of you saying public universities, but that's probably because private universities essentially don't exist in Australia. Bond University on the Gold Coast is one, and I believe there is a second somewhere ... I can't think of where off the top of my head though!

When I lived on the Gold Coast, it was going to be either staying there and going to Bond, or heading up to Brissie to go to UQ. Besides the fact that UQ is the better uni, there was no way on earth I could afford Bond.

I often forget Deakin exists. Same for Victoria Uni. "Melbourne vs Monash ... lulz RMIT ... oh yeah there's LaTrobe ... aren't there another one or two?" :lol:

Yeah, I'd go out on a limb and say there are more private universities than public here, but I could be very wrong about that.

Goddamn, while we were moving, I missed Anna and a Superthread stalk by Lovorko?!

(The main move is in a week but we've begun the tedious process of taking across anything and everything we can carry and squeeze into a car. :crack: )

If I had a memey thing to contribute I'd use tumblr, but I do not.

Also everyone like "afl memes" on facey, they've got this "leaping gary" thing going. It's a photo of Gary Moorcroft going for that mark photoshopped into situations for comedic effect. Hilarious

Just join it, Cobbler. You'll get more attention there than on whatever you chose.

Vlad, if I am in Adelaide in July, you must come and do vodka shots with me.

Must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom