my yearly daylight saving time reminder thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy said:
Why does everyone hate it? I absolutely LOVE that it will stay light out later. Winter is like a dark cave that depresses the hell out of me.. the sooner its over the better!

I hate that now when I get up, it'll be dark again. It was just getting to the point where it was light as I was waking up and it seems to make it a LOT easier, especially if you live in a place where it's cold 8 months of the year and averages less sunshine than Seattle. I like that it was light out when I went to work and now driving home (in Dec. it's pitch dark for both). If they'd waited and left it as usual, it wouldn't be as dark waking up once the switch happened.

no more dark dreary days of winter HOORAY! :dancing:
my computer time changed i guess thanks to my husbands windows update, what would i do with out him

last night we did the same thing, but we had 1 hour more last night, so it was a 25 hour day...

and I DID NOTHING :mad: ... no party, no nothing :rant:

Sicy said:
My computer is smart :love:

Mine's not :sad: I had to change the time myself. My cell phone didn't change by itself this year, either. I had to turn it off and back on again.

Last.fm hasn't switched their clocks over, either, since all day it's been showing what I just listened to as an hour old.

Sicy said:
Why does everyone hate it? I absolutely LOVE that it will stay light out later. Winter is like a dark cave that depresses the hell out of me.. the sooner its over the better!

I just hate that I lose an hour of rest...sleep is precious to me! I agree with the light in the evening. It's so nice here at the moment, a little foreshadowing of summer. (Keyword: little.)

Sicy said:

I love the spring time change! :up: I'm not often up much before noon anyway, so what time it gets light out doesn't really concern me.

The time change I hate is the one in the fall when it suddenly gets dark much earlier. Boo hiss. :madspit:

angelordevil said:
I noticed that my computer didn't switch until 1:30 am my time...that was 12 EST. :hmm:

I'm losing some sleep now, but overall, I'm happy with the extra hour of sunlight...it'll really help melt the mountains of snow around here.

not sure if someone has said this already, but the sun doesn't actually stay up for longer because you fiddle with your clocks, dear.
darkX_aaioverdebol.gif

Sicy said:

Same here! And I never use the extra hour to sleep in, despite my best intentions... :sigh:

Angela Harlem said:

not sure if someone has said this already, but the sun doesn't actually stay up for longer because you fiddle with your clocks, dear.
darkX_aaioverdebol.gif

:lol:

Four or five days a week I have to wake at 5:15am...it will always be dark when I awake!

I LOVE the fact that it will be light out until 8:30 in early march...I LOVE DST!

U2Girl416 said:
I was bummed that it was so dark this morning when last week I left for work and it was sunny!

Same here, but where I live in Indiana isn't much further east than Chicago. I do think we should be on Central time, like Chicago, instead of Eastern time. :grumpy:

My stupid-ass work computer is not smart!!! :mad:

Apparently the “IT guy” (and I use this term lightly) would have to go around to every computer to adjust the time but he's too lazy to do this so we're stuck with the wrong time for the next 2 weeks!!!! :angry:

I've already been late for two meetings... :drool:

MsPurrl said:

Same here, but where I live in Indiana isn't much further east than Chicago. I do think we should be on Central time, like Chicago, instead of Eastern time. :grumpy:

my sister lives in Indiana as well and I always have to remember we're entering Eastern time, as I adjust the time I leave from my apartment to go visit her. annoying!

elevated_u2_fan said:
My stupid-ass work computer is not smart!!! :mad:

Apparently the “IT guy” (and I use this term lightly) would have to go around to every computer to adjust the time but he's too lazy to do this so we're stuck with the wrong time for the next 2 weeks!!!! :angry:

I've already been late for two meetings... :drool:

I haven't been late today for anything but my computer at work hasn't been changed either, and our IT dept told us not to manually change it and it would be taken care of. Yeah, ok buddy. SURE. :rolleyes:

Angela Harlem said:

darkX_aaioverdebol.gif

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that :D

The strange thing is: we actually did lose a lot of snow yesterday due to melting. Coincidence? I think not!

Sicy said:

:yes: Getting up and coming home in the dark. :angry:

love_u2_adam said:

it means summer which means sandals which mean no snow which means sun tanning:hyper:

:up::hyper: Sandals. :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom