my worst post ever(and not just because i have not posted in ages)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
so i have my new PC. am installing windows XP-a bootleg version of XP professional. yes yes-i know-i am buying windows XP home tommorow. but i would like my new computer up tonite.

anyway back to the problem at hand-the bootleg version turns out to be quite bootleg as it has not been burned properly. after setup writes the list of setup files the PC reboots like it is supposed to. when it returns to the graphical setup there is an error message(where it tells me there is a problem with the disc)

but then all it will do is reboot and not allow me to go to c: prompt. it goes straight to the xp install process again where i am told the same message again. i have tried everything-having a win98 disc with a bootup floppy even-nothing seems to work.

any suggestions

Try a different OS? Either way, sounds like you are going to be wasting a lot of time trying to get it to work. Is it just the boot? Try it on another comp without XP.

So we have bought computers at the same time. I will go through all the installation process tonight... or thursday... *sigh*

Say, do you have to use a boot floppy for W98 or is it possible w/ disk only? And BIOS appears automatically I do hope?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

this thread is simply atrocious

i will return to interference when this PC hibbity jibbity works itself out.

:yes:

I think this thread should be viggofied. It has been a while since one her in LS has been. :dance: :up: :dance:

i did the same thing. i burned a copy of XP and then tried to load it on my computer, well in the process of uploading it erased everything on my hard-drive. i had to reformat my hard-drive and get a clean version of XP loaded. the store i bought the computer from did this for me. it cost a $100.00 for XP though.:rant: :huh: :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom