My Winter Wonderland....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
want some wayne?:happy:

look...after 3.5 hours of shoveling...it's not so bad..

winter0713.jpg

your weather sounds lovely susan:drool:

Some if mine....

Bad Lake Effect storm earlier:
snowing3.JPG

Right now:
snowing3-2.jpg

Weeks ago:
3Feb07%20004.jpg

About 3 feet out on the deck (some melted now)
3Feb07%20009.jpg

This past Sunday night (1-2 second exposures):
25%20Feb%2007%20Snow%20009-1.jpg

25%20Feb%2007%20Snow%20011-1.jpg

25%20Feb%2007%20Snow%20023-1.jpg

25%20Feb%2007%20Snow%20030-1.jpg

:ohmy: i can't imagine living with those conditions but the pictures look gorgeous and i love those trees :love:

Oh and the pussycat looking out the window :cute: :cute:

Our weather is fabulous compared to all those snow storms you're all getting over there Dis! :yes: :happy:

susanp6 said:

Our weather is fabulous compared to all those snow storms you're all getting over there Dis! :yes: :happy:

As I type we are getting another 8-12 inches:happy: it actually isn't so bad, its really pretty and not too cold...I think its about 26 F out, thats the nice thing about spring in Vermont...lots of snow, makes everything pretty but melts quick.....it's nice for the sugaring season:drool: maple syrup:drool:

It would be ok if it wasn't too cold as it is lovely to look at :heart:

What's the sugaring season? :confused:

susanp6 said:
It would be ok if it wasn't too cold as it is lovely to look at :heart:

What's the sugaring season? :confused:

Tapping maple trees..boiling the sap..making maple syrup:drool: it starts about now....we need colder nights and warmer days. Its so fantastic trudging through the snow gathering buckets..or sometimes using the horses and a sleigh to do it:heart:

Not being a fan of snow I still have to admit that it's a beautiful sight :love:

Just know it's coming where Im going to eventually tell my brother I will come out there and visit during the winter :wink:

I wonder if it will ever stop.... its been snowing here since last Friday night, and the forecast is STILL for more snow and sub-zero temperatures! It's March dammit!! :angry:

:angry: Un.Fair.

:scream: send some to me! I want snow :sad:

how come that those who don't want snow get it, and those who love it nearly never get snow :sad:

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:

how come that those who don't want snow get it, and those who love it nearly never get snow :sad:

You really want this for 5 months?

snowingmore.jpg

Mind you, it's mid-afternoon here, but it looks like night with this hurricane of snow showers.

Galeongirl said:

you can have it allllll! I wouldn't mind it so much if you could actually walk place to place...it's literally waist deep, driving can be a pain in the butt too...especially when you cannot even leave your own driveway:scream:

it looks like South minneapolis to me

Babydoll ~

Do you live in Minneapolis (the actual city) - or just outside? :hmm:

It is so beautiful outside right now! :drool: I'm going to have to go out tomorrow with my camera and take some pictures of the trees. I live in a newer area so there is not a lot of trees. :(

Liesje said:

You really want this for 5 months?

snowingmore.jpg

Mind you, it's mid-afternoon here, but it looks like night with this hurricane of snow showers.

YES I DO :love::hyper::love::hyper:

:wink: My mother once had to literally drag me inside cuz I wanted to keep playing in the snow.... I never realised I'd been outside for five hours straight building snowmen and snowanimals... I LOVE snow!

Galeongirl said:

YES I DO :love::hyper::love::hyper:

:wink: My mother once had to literally drag me inside cuz I wanted to keep playing in the snow.... I never realised I'd been outside for five hours straight building snowmen and snowanimals... I LOVE snow!

I used to be like that. Around here, the sidestreets/neighborhoods don't get plowed unless someone personally has a plow and does it, so as kid we cross-country skied and ice skated in the streets. We'd spend all day digging igloos in the 12 foot piles of snow and ice in parking lots.

Now, I don't enjoy skiing or skating anymore and ever since adolescence I've had huge problems with dry skin. From Oct-April, literally every inch of my body itches nonstop, no matter how much moisturizer I use. My face can get so dry, if I'm not careful in treating it you'd think I had pad sunburn and was peeling.

I'm a summer person. I love fishing, kayaking, sunbathing, hiking, camping, being in the water with the dogs, etc. I want the air to be sticky with humidity so I can keep all the windows open and have my fan on high at night.

I hate winter. Hate it.

Liesje said:

I used to be like that. Around here, the sidestreets/neighborhoods don't get plowed unless someone personally has a plow and does it, so as kid we cross-country skied and ice skated in the streets. We'd spend all day digging igloos in the 12 foot piles of snow and ice in parking lots.

Now, I don't enjoy skiing or skating anymore and ever since adolescence I've had huge problems with dry skin. From Oct-April, literally every inch of my body itches nonstop, no matter how much moisturizer I use. My face can get so dry, if I'm not careful in treating it you'd think I had pad sunburn and was peeling.

I'm a summer person. I love fishing, kayaking, sunbathing, hiking, camping, being in the water with the dogs, etc. I want the air to be sticky with humidity so I can keep all the windows open and have my fan on high at night.

I hate winter. Hate it.

12 foot of snow. :ohmy::shocked::faint:

Kayaking. :drool:

Lies, your night pictures are gorgeous!
Babydoll, I really love your pictures of the trees with snow on them--they look like a Christmas card.

We got more snow last month than we had for the past three winters put together. Last Thursday we had torrential rains, thunderstorms, and high winds, so a lot of the snow has melted.

From our bedroom window, two weeks ago:

SnowDay021407-1.jpg

SnowDay021407-3.jpg

SnowDay021407-2.jpg

Fergus has the right idea on a cold, snowy day.

Snowday020607-6.jpg

Last edited:
:up: All the snow pics are pretty alright, it almost makes me feel bad for living in So Cal without snow or bad weather. It was a gorgeous spring day in the mid 70's here today. I'd gladly send sunshine anywhere if I could! I swear! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom