My vote for the worst of 2003

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonlit_Angel said:
But there is another cover I did think of that I can't stand:

Uncle Kracker's version of "Drift Away".

So. Incredibly. Boring. And. Annoying. And. Overplayed.
:yes: there is no :yes: smilie big enough to show how much agree with you.

regarding happy mondays, i like them, at least what i heard on 24 hour party people. my husband, being the huge joy division/new order fan he is, wanted to watch it, so i watched it with him. it was funny, i'm sitting there thinking "oh that song is good" and stuff, and it turns out (i asked him at the end, i'm not the annoying frau who talks during movies) they were all happy monday songs. whoops!

the counting crows song is actually not bad if you don't hear the version with whatsherface singing on it, and if you don't hear it too often

i'm beginning to remember i just don't like nofx (although i thought franco unamerican was ok for athe first couple times i heard it).

i hate j lo, timberlake, 50 cent, etc.

but my vote has to go to.........

*drum roll*

SIMPLE PLAN. you know, the i'm addicted song.

Moonlit_Angel said:
I personally don't mind that "Big Yellow Taxi" remake...it's okay.

But there is another cover I did think of that I can't stand:

Uncle Kracker's version of "Drift Away".

So. Incredibly. Boring. And. Annoying. And. Overplayed.

Ugh.

Angela

i stil haven't heard that, i'm avoiding it...i was listening to a tape i made a while back when i still listened to only oldies stations, and it had that on it. my sister came in the room, yelled "EEW! YOU LIKE UNCLE CRACKER!" and left, presumably to tell everyone i know this uninformed lie.

that evanesance song... i don't even know the name of it. the minute i hear a bit of it i turn it off so fast i never caught the name of it. :lmao:

Sweet Tart said:
that evanesance song... i don't even know the name of it. the minute i hear a bit of it i turn it off so fast i never caught the name of it. :lmao:

"Bring Me To Life" is the name of it. It's okay. I think I need to stop watching videos on VH1 late at night, though, 'cause with some of these songs, like this Evanescence one, I like the song, but the video's not one I can sit through constantly, and since I've seen the videos for a lot of these songs mentioned in this thread more times than I can count, that's starting to make even the songs I like slightly annoying to me.

Anywho, someone mentioned 50 Cent...argh. Yes. I swear, if I hear one more person utter the, "Go, shorty, it's your birthday..." bit (something all the kids in my area were quoting constantly when that song was popular), I'm gonna hurt 'em.

And I also must agree with the mention of Ashanti. That one song she'd come out with last year, "Happy", was catchy and I liked that one, but I definitely don't like this new song of hers. I find it boring. And the video bores me, too.

Angela

paxetaurora said:
Oh no..."Baby I Love U!" by J. Lo is much, much worse.

I mean, "U"? AND an exclamation point.

:no:

Yeah. Have you seen the video?? It's horrible!! It's laughable. I think she's trying to sound a little like Alicia Keys or someone like that. But it just isn't working. And the 1st scene, lol, she wakes up in full makeup! The scenes from Swept Away, I mean Gigli, make it even worse.

I think you guys have forgotten one. What about Jewel?? Her song 'Intuition' is beyond crap. I used to love her when she first came out but this Britney-style crap is horrible.

:tsk:

Back
Top Bottom