My U2 iPod = Problem Ridden - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2005, 09:09 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:39 AM
Mine froze once. That's about it.

Old 02-03-2005, 09:12 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:39 PM
Battery life sucks for me also
That depends on a lot of things though, how full your iPod is (apparently)

So i brought a AA add on pack ($100 in australia!!!) Bit of a high price....but i use my iPod a lot, and will be worth it in the end.

Old 02-03-2005, 10:40 PM   #18
War Child

Local Time: 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GG_The_Fly
Thanks for replying everyone. . .

That's not the big problem, though, the headphone jack is. I mean, anytime the jack rotates more than a little, it pauses, thinking the headphones have been unplugged - that's the intolerable problem for me. . .
One thing you can try is the wired remote. I know, more money, but it should minimize the movement where the headphones connect to the iPod. Plus, it may be a more secure fit. I actually like the wired remote, specially when I have my iPod in my pocket at the gym. I don't have to try and feel for the wheel to change the volume or move to the next/previous track. The remote part clips easily to any clothing edge. I even use it at my desk at work; just seems easier to control when I'm already at an album or playlist that I like.

It costs about $40, but I think it's worth the convenience.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:48 AM   #19
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Local Time: 03:39 AM
has anyone bought an extended support plan for their ipods? i got an email a couple weeks ago saying that my 'complimentary' support will end soon. the ipod support is good for 90 days from the time that you order your ipod.

my only problem with this is that many of us had to wait 2-3 weeks or more before the ipods were even ready to be shipped. wouldn't this mean they owe us about 15 days on the support service?
Old 02-04-2005, 05:58 AM   #20
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ABEL
has anyone bought an extended support plan for their ipods?
Mine was a gift from my parents and sister, and they also got me the 3 year service plan.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 02-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #21
The Fly

Quote:
has anyone bought an extended support plan for their ipods? i got an email a couple weeks ago saying that my 'complimentary' support will end soon. the ipod support is good for 90 days from the time that you order your ipod.

my only problem with this is that many of us had to wait 2-3 weeks or more before the ipods were even ready to be shipped. wouldn't this mean they owe us about 15 days on the support service?
Apparently, if you call 1-800-my-apple and tell them you are a student or educator, you get the extended plan at a considerable discount. I have not tried this yet though. . .
Old 02-04-2005, 08:59 AM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

Mine actually gets power sucked from it when it's plugged into the computer. No lie.

Mine has froze once last week, I didnt know how to restart it at the time. I do now.

Battery power isnt bad if you listen to full albums or use shuffle. Also, make sure to turn it off when it's not in use. Dont scroll through things to pass the time while listening to music too. Etc.
that's what mine's doing...

i've solved the issue though... i only plug it into the computer when moving songs onto it. i plug mine into the "iPal"

the sounds quality is fantastic.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:08 AM   #23
The Fly

Quote:
do you have an apple store near you?
if so, just take the ipod there and show them the headphones, maybe they can just replace them for you
Unfortunately, it's the iPod itself - no matter what headphones i use, the problem reoccurs. . . thanks though!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:23 AM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by GG_The_Fly
That's not the big problem, though, the headphone jack is. I mean, anytime the jack rotates more than a little, it pauses, thinking the headphones have been unplugged - that's the intolerable problem for me. . .
that actually happens every now and then to me when i'm using it through my car stereo's aux input... never had a problem with the headphones though.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:56 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Regarding scratching ... as soon as I got my iPod, I got a cover for it and I don't have a scratch on it (some minor suff on the actual click wheel, but none on the case).

I actually have the clear iSkin Evo2 case (they sell it at the apple store and I think places like Best Buy/Comp USA, etc).

Because it's clear, you can see the unique coloring of the U2 iPod. The iSkin also has a small screen protector. I highly recommend it.