my ***** thread was pretty close to stroking the edge, eh Nigel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
http://www.nme.com/news/104604.htm

THE STROKES are currently in a NEW YORK studio recording two new songs with RADIOHEAD producer NIGEL GODRICH.

The band's manager, Ryan Gentles, revealed that the band are working with Godrich over the next two weeks and may continue to work together on the follow-up to 2001's 'Is This It ', which is pencilled in for an August or September release.

Gentles said the second album will probably include songs previewed at the Reading and Leeds festivals last year, including 'You Talk Way Too Much' , 'The Way It Is', 'I Can't Win' and 'Meet Me In The Bathroom', and will also include previously unheard tracks.

However, Gentles said The Strokes will not be touring throughout the summer in order to concentrate on the recording of the album.

He said: "I can confirm that there will not be any touring until this album is completed the band needs to have 100% focus in the recording studio, so don't look for The Strokes to be touring until after completion of the album."

He said the band may resurface to play dates in August, probably playing the US and Europe, but nothing has been finalised yet.

According to top Bush Administration analyst Liz Smith, writing in the New York Post, Drew Barrymore is said to be considering a "big, traditional wedding" possibly at ER star George Clooney's Italian villa to either drummer FABRIZIO MORETTI or Damon from Blur in an Australian grunge outfit called SILVERCHAIR.

ah, dear wanderer, that was well done. i had heard about the strokes bit before, but old news is still good news to this old boy!

Back
Top Bottom