My record collection attacked me last night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
I was unconscious for over an hour :crazy:. When I woke a minidisc mix w/ the following tracklist was in my hands :confused: . Strange thing, this rock N roll music :applaud:

1-Bob Dylan: Subterranean Homesick Blues
2-Dinosaur Jr: The Wagon
3-AC/DC: Back in Black
4-BRMC: Awake
5-Harry Nilsson: Jump into the Fire
6-The Velvet Teen: Naked Girl
7-Michael Penn: No Myth
8-Oasis:Acquiesce
9-U2:Big Girls Are Best
10-Pete Yorn:Long Way Down
11-Queens of the Stone Age: No One Knows
12-Queen: Stone Cold Crazy
13-Badfinger: Baby Blue
14-Zwan: Lyric
15-Neil Young: Walk On
16-The Grays: Both Belong
17-Doors: Roadhouse Blues
18-Metallica-Enter Sandman

I'm going to ambush my cd's tonight, they won't know what hit them :dance:

I moved yesterday. It was sad that it took me multiple trips to move all of my cd's.

u2popmofo said:
I moved yesterday. It was sad that it took me multiple trips to move all of my cd's.

I did that myself in March. CD's wound up being the biggest pain in the arse for me to move, heavy little things when they gang up on you. :|

i ran out of room on both cd racks, so i had to start stacking cds on top of the wall rack (set up: a tower on the flooor and another rack that hangs on the wall above it, with about 3 feet of space left towards the celing). eventually the stuff on top was getting near the cieling and required a chair for me to get down the cd i wanted to listen to...but a chair means going into the kitchen and getting one, or rearranging my furniture to get my desk chair over to the cd rack...and i'm lazy

i figured if i jumped i could grab the cd on the top of the stack, didn't account for the fact thati could knock over everything else, and ended up getting smacked in the head by about 30 or so cds...

now, you'd think that since i've done this once, i'd never do it again :shifty: THINK being the opperative word here :p

I love that Oasis song, one of my favourites by them. I can't believe it's a b-side. If I can be indulgent, I'm going to post a dreamy mix I made that has won the adulation of many an acquaintance.

Cocteau Twins - Glass Candle Grenades
Cocteau Twins - Theft, and Wandering Around Lost
My Bloody Valentine - Cigarette In Your Bed
My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow
Gemma Hayes - Tear In My Side
Blur - Bustin + Dronin
Joy Division - She's Lost Control
Beth Orton - Tangent
The Verve - Velvet Morning
New Order - Ceremony
Doves - M62 Song
Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight
Craig Armstrong/Evan Dando - Wake Up In New York
Hans Zimmer/Lisa Gerrard - Now We Are Free
Sigur Ros - Svefn-g-englar

yertle-the-turtle said:

Cocteau Twins - Glass Candle Grenades
Cocteau Twins - Theft, and Wandering Around Lost
My Bloody Valentine - Cigarette In Your Bed
My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow
Gemma Hayes - Tear In My Side
Blur - Bustin + Dronin
Joy Division - She's Lost Control
Beth Orton - Tangent
The Verve - Velvet Morning
New Order - Ceremony
Doves - M62 Song
Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight
Craig Armstrong/Evan Dando - Wake Up In New York
Hans Zimmer/Lisa Gerrard - Now We Are Free
Sigur Ros - Svefn-g-englar

Nice Yert. I love the back to back artists in mixes, it's very cool. I decided to beat the crap out of my cds last nite and pay them back. After an hour of rabbit punches and low blows I had this:

1-Wings: Band On the Run
2-The Wonder Stuff: Tipperary Song
3-Pixies: Where is My Mind?
4-Faber College Theme
5-Rush: Spirit Of Radio
6-Fleetwood Mac: Say You Love Me
7-U2: Help/Ultraviolet (Live)
8-Bob Marley: Stir It Up (Original)
9-D Generation: She Stands There
10-The Cars: Just What I Needed
11-Tenacious D: Inward Singing
12-Smashing Pumpkins: Untitled
13-Smashing Pumpkins: Frail And Bedazzled
14-Rare Earth: Get Ready
15-ELO: Mr. Blue Sky
16-MC5: Kick Out The Jams
17-Ministry: N.W.O.
18-The Verve: Three Steps
19-Elmore James: The Sky Is Crying
20-Ash: Goldfinger
21-Ash: Girl From Mars
22-Ride: Taste

A nice ride in the country this weekend will decide who won :dance: music saves!

yertle-the-turtle said:
I love that Oasis song, one of my favourites by them. I can't believe it's a b-side.

yeah same here

and your avatar rocks

I gave my cd collection a much needed kick in the pants tonight and bought a big cd holder/rack type thing.

It can hold up to 600 cds. I still have room for about 150 cds or so to fit on it! Yee haw.

It took me forever to alphabetically organize my cds.

:eek: 600?!?! that is one hell of a big cd rack/holder type thing!

u2popmofo said:

CDs will be the hardest thing for me to move in a few weeks. I sent Sam off with about 100 of them, but I still have around 400 left that I have to get to England somehow. :crazy:

It's not sad. You should be stoked that you have such a big collection. Imagine how I'D feel if I had to move all my cds. All 1,350 of them. :no:

moving my cds was easy because i had about 40 at the time...moving my cds to the dorms with me was a bot more of a challenge, and i had to buy a couple huge cd binders

HeadsOnSticks said:
It's not sad. You should be stoked that you have such a big collection. Imagine how I'D feel if I had to move all my cds. All 1,350 of them. :no:

Can I come over and borrow/steal a lot of them, please?

HeadsOnSticks said:

Go for it. I have so many, somtimes its hard to just pick one to listen to. :banghead: :crack:

Hahhaha, I totally know how you feel.

Sometimes the hardest decision I make during the day is what music to listen to at the gym, or what cd to listen to when I'm going to drive somewhere. So many good cd's/groups, so little time.

u2popmofo said:

Sometimes the hardest decision I make during the day is what music to listen to at the gym, or what cd to listen to when I'm going to drive somewhere. So many good cd's/groups, so little time.

Fo' reals, homie.

u2popmofo said:

yeah and the thing is, there's always new music to buy too...

MrBrau1 said:

4-Faber College Theme

Are you referring to THE Faber College Theme. As in Dean Wormer's Faber College. As in, "Can you guess what I am now?" *splat* "Get it? A Zit...I'm a Zit!" As in double secret probabtion Faber College.

Alright, I've beaten that to death. Anyway, if that's what you're referring to, you are now considered in my book a freakin' genius for including that on a mix. Genius.

Of course, if that's not what you're referring to, then A. I feel like an idiot B. What is Faber College Theme (brilliant title) and C. You Genius status is on hold until further notice :D

popkidu2 said:

Are you referring to THE Faber College Theme. As in Dean Wormer's Faber College. As in, "Can you guess what I am now?" *splat* "Get it? A Zit...I'm a Zit!" As in double secret probabtion Faber College.

Alright, I've beaten that to death. Anyway, if that's what you're referring to, you are now considered in my book a freakin' genius for including that on a mix. Genius.

Of course, if that's not what you're referring to, then A. I feel like an idiot B. What is Faber College Theme (brilliant title) and C. You Genius status is on hold until further notice :D

Remember this: "Holy Shit!" "Holy Shit!" "Holy Shit!"

Or when the girl flies through the window and lands on the kid's bed during the parade : "Thank You God!"

Back
Top Bottom