My next musical discovery: Muse - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2007, 05:37 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22
or Matt's unintended Choice to live his life extended
...I like that song...

Meh. I say I've heard much worse lyrics over the years. Besides, if you look at the lyrics in the context of the album themes (like the aforementioned sci-fi/war movie thing, or the fanatical "THE END IS NEAR!" concept of Absolution), I expect them to be a bit cheesy and overdramatic and goofy. But that's just me .

Thanks for sharing that video, U2Fan101-I particularly loved the footage they used for the final part of the song. That worked perfectly. Very cool.

By the way, those of you who have Fuse, Thursday's episode of "Later...with Jools Holland" will have Muse as one of its guests. The show'll be on at 1 pm and 5 pm eastern for anyone who's interested in watching it.

Angela

Old 12-12-2007, 07:34 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22
or Matt's unintended Choice to live his life extended
you know xavi, I find a lot of what you (and a couple of others) say funny and interesting most times (I enjoy a lot really).. And helpful too in getting info re: RH...

But I have to say you love to come in and bash other bands except for RH. Everyone is entittled to their opinions no doubt but if you don't like a band then why not sidestep that thread for something else.. just a thought..

Old 12-12-2007, 08:40 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

cont'd

I know you say alot in jest, fun and not to be taken seriously which I really don't. I guess I get a little annoyed... Truly, no offense to you or anyone else for that matter. I just wanted to vent I guess. I don't mean to come off as sensitive about it really.

/rant...
Old 12-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

you know xavi, I find a lot of what you (and a couple of others) say funny and interesting most times (I enjoy a lot really).. And helpful too in getting info re: RH...

But I have to say you love to come in and bash other bands except for RH. Everyone is entittled to their opinions no doubt but if you don't like a band then why not sidestep that thread for something else.. just a thought..
but I love Muse
Old 12-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee

Classic.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #51
Refugee

I think Muse may be over the top, or sensational at times with their lyrics but they are one of the few bands who can be over the top and sensational without sounding cheesy in my opinion.

If a band can do it right without sounding lame-o, then I say more power to them. I happen to like Muse's lyrics a lot and have yet to find a song I don't like. Grand, powerful music and sensational lyrics does not equate to bad music. If it's done right it equals great music, and Muse does it right.

Of course this is just my opinion.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

I like Muse because they're over the top. The lyrics are just to give the guitar something to play over, at least in my opinion.

They have fucking strobe lights and balloons filled with confetti because they can, and they rock the fuck out live because they're so excessive about using as little restraint as possible.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee

Old 12-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
I like Muse because they're over the top. The lyrics are just to give the guitar something to play over, at least in my opinion.

They have fucking strobe lights and balloons filled with confetti because they can, and they rock the fuck out live because they're so excessive about using as little restraint as possible.
LOL, exactly. They're serious about the music in the sense that they want to make it sound as good as they possibly can, they put a lot of care into the creation of their songs. But they also know they're over the top, they know they're bombastic, and they're fine with that . One reason why I love a song (and video) like "Knights Of Cydonia"-they sound like they had fun making that one (after all, how serious are you if you come up with a title like that?), and I like that. It's a refreshing change of pace in modern music. And the fact that they're so "no holds barred" makes me curious to see what crazy ideas they'll come up with next-expect the unexpected.

Agreed on your post, too, U2Fan101.

Angela
Old 12-12-2007, 10:15 PM   #55
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 12:43 PM
I gave them a listen and they're pretty OK. I usually like over the top though. I think I'd enjoy seeing them live.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:33 AM   #56
Refugee

Local Time: 07:13 AM
Quote:

Couldn't have said it better if I'd tried, so I won't
Old 12-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230
I gave them a listen and they're pretty OK. I usually like over the top though. I think I'd enjoy seeing them live.

you sure would enjoy them! it's spectacular to say the least! They are clearly one of the best live acts around.. Check them out...! Feel free to ask me anything... I have alot of their music.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:13 PM   #58
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:43 PM
Hey, U2Fanatic4Ever ...

Is that Hullabaloo CD worth getting?
Old 12-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

They have fucking strobe lights and balloons filled with confetti because they can
That pretty much sums it up.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:50 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:43 AM
"Who's so phoney and always surrounded?" = Muse