My next musical discovery: Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
?????... That's really all I have to say to that.

Also, cori, I personally would say the Hullabaloo CD is worth checking out. There's some good stuff on there. Will see if U2Fanatic agrees with me on that one, though, since the question was more directed at her :). And Carek, glad to hear you like what you've heard by them, too. I think we should just have some permanent thing that states that anybody who shows even the slightest interest in this band must see them live whenever they can (or, while waiting, check out live clips/bootlegs/whatever). Their live performances are one of the main reasons, if not the main reason, why they've got such a good reputation.

Angela

corianderstem said:
Hey, U2Fanatic4Ever ...

Is that Hullabaloo CD worth getting?

most definitely cori! Ask Santa to get it for you.. :D

here is song listing and... my rating...:wink:

Disc 1

Forced In (trippy tune)
Shrinking Universe (another good one)
Recess
Yes Please
Map of Your Head (personally love this tune)
Nature_1
Shine Acoustic
Ashamed
The Gallery
Hyper Chondriac Music (really good)

Disc 2 (all live songs)

Dead Star (love it)
Micro Cuts (love it)
Citizen Erased (love it)
Showbiz (love it)
Megalomania (love it)
Darkshines (love it)
Screenager (piano) (love it)
Space Dementia (love it)
In Your World
Muscle Museum (love it)
Agitated

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:
Map of Your Head (personally love this tune)
Hyper Chondriac Music (really good)

Fully agreed on these (I'd love to hear a full live performance of "Map Of Your Head" someday. I think it'd be neat).

I like "The Gallery", too, it's an eerie little instrumental-am I the only one who is instantly reminded of the "Tubular Bells" theme when I hear it? Sounds very similar to it. "Recess" and "Shine" are good, too-the former's very hypnotic and winding and weird, and the latter's pretty (and I like the use of thunderstorm sounds, too).

Angela

Canadiens1160 said:
I like Muse because they're over the top. The lyrics are just to give the guitar something to play over, at least in my opinion.

:yes:

I think that Matt's lyrics tend to range from average to awful. But who the hell cares. With Muse, I just see the lyrics as something that's there for Matt to sing, nothing more.

This past year has been a year of Total Muse Love for me, ever since seeing them live at the Big Day Out and then their own sideshow, :heart: I think it's the first time anyone's live show changed the way I feel about the band so completely. I mean, I absolutely loved Black Holes & Revelations when it came out last year, but without the live aspect they'd probably be just another band I like a lot, as opposed to my biggest musical crush since U2.

Thanks for the info on Hullabaloo - and yeah, I was taking opinions from anyone who wanted to pipe up.

Other than intedomine.

:wink:

Sorry folk, i get a tiresome and sadistic kick out of bagging Muse....don't take me serioussly, I'm a Travis fundamentalist who finds them "absorbing", so please ignore me....

Back
Top Bottom