My next musical discovery: Muse - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2007, 08:44 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Pearl
I've heard "Invincible" on my Launchcast. It was pretty good, and I downloaded it from iTunes. Hopefully, there would be more from this band.

Scroll up on this page..... there's a lot to hear from Muse.. I posted the albums up there..and just go to youtube and discover for yourself.

trust me, you will be converted.. But seeing them live is the end all be all.. So go catch them next tour!

Old 12-10-2007, 12:56 AM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 01:41 PM
Ooooh. They use a real grand piano on stage, and a Kawai to boot! As a classical musician that makes me very happy.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:59 AM   #18
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

And I don't know if it was intentional on the band's part or not, but I like that the whole album sort of seems to be a sci-fi/war movie in CD form. You've got "Take A Bow", which is the political "Yeah, let's fight the government!" thing, "Starlight" is the love song for the main male & female characters, "Invincible" is the "we'll make it through this" empowerment song for the good guys, "Knights Of Cydonia" is the climactic ending battle scene...and so on and so forth. Looking at the album in that way makes me enjoy it all the more.

Angela
I like your thoughts as it being a sci-fi/war movie. I can completely see that and it really completes the album for me. Great thoughts!
Old 12-10-2007, 02:29 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fan101
Ooooh. They use a real grand piano on stage, and a Kawai to boot! As a classical musician that makes me very happy.
Matt's very influenced by classical music. It shows in quite a few of their songs.

I love it whenever piano is a prominent part of their songs (one big reason why I love Absolution so much, and why I get the feeling you'll probably enjoy it, too). I've always liked that instrument, and they're excellent at incorporating that into their music.

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fan101
I like your thoughts as it being a sci-fi/war movie. I can completely see that and it really completes the album for me. Great thoughts!
Thanks ! Glad you agree with me on that. I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts on these guys the further into them you get.

Ditto everything U2Fanatic said as well.

Angela
Old 12-10-2007, 04:52 AM   #20
War Child

Local Time: 12:41 PM
The Sci Fi theme kinda fits. Knights of Cydonia is fun to play on Guitar Hero III.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:21 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:41 AM
Stuff Muse, Travis are twenty times more absorbing
Old 12-10-2007, 06:48 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine

no way... not even close in my opinion.. Can't even compare..
Old 12-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:41 PM
Wow, I used to be crazy about Muse and listened to all their albums constantly, but not so much in recent months, for no particular reason, though. I have never seen them live but would love to.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

seeing them live changes everything! Seriously, they have to be THE BEST LIVE BAND right next to U2... ! And I don't say that without lightly. I have been to many a concert in my day over the last 20+ years and I still feel this way. IMO

last unicorn, go see them next time around! trust me you won't be disappointed..

And I don't know if you saw the webcast they did last nite but I am sure either at&t will rebroadcast it or will show up on youtube (probably already there) Bono_man mentioned that the torrent is already up...

If I find some links to it I will post it here.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:25 AM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 06:11 AM
I'm another who is only a recent Muse convert - saw them at this years Big Day Out, and (even from a very long way away!!!) was blown away!!!! I've spent the year accumulating everything I possibly could, and a few weeks ago was lucky enough to see them live again - and WHAT A SHOW!!!!!! I would put it as No3 on my all time favourite concerts list (if I had such a list ) But seriously, it was just awesome

I posted these in the other Muse thread, but for anyone who might have missed it:

A couple of (kinda dodgy) videos I took at the show:

And some of my photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/acrobat...7603203785765/

Now I'm just patiently waiting for the Wembley DVD - can't wait!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 09:25 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I'm looking forward to that DVD, too, I hope they release it as soon as possible. Based on what I've heard about it, I'm very curious to see that show.

I still say that clip of "Starlight" you shared there sounds so pretty. I love that.

Quote:
I only know a few Travis songs, and I think I've only seen one live thing of theirs, but still, I dunno, I personally like both bands .

Quote:
Originally posted by last unicorn
Wow, I used to be crazy about Muse and listened to all their albums constantly, but not so much in recent months, for no particular reason, though. I have never seen them live but would love to.
Maybe you're just needing a break? That happens to me sometimes with my favorite bands, I listen to them a bunch, then I take a bit of a break, then I come back to listening to them again. U2Fanatic4ever is (once again) right, if you ever get a chance someday to see them live, do it. You won't regret it. Muse is only the second in the list of my favorite bands I've seen live, but out of all the concerts I've seen over the years, yeah, they're easily one of my top live experiences.

Saw in the thread for that XMas show that the Muse one is up for downloading now, will get on that (thanks to last night I'm on a serious live Muse kick right now), thanks for sharing the link there .

Angela
Old 12-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:41 AM

Quote:
Old 12-10-2007, 11:37 PM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:41 AM
Quote:
Really?

I like Travis and all, they're very pleasant. Nice melodies.

But really???

Not to even mention the fact that they're such apples and oranges. Why would you even compare?

It's like saying: "Stuff Mozart, Metallica are twenty times more absorbing."
Old 12-10-2007, 11:40 PM   #29
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee

When I want the bastard child of water, Radiohead, and R.E.M., I know where to go.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:53 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
Not to even mention the fact that they're such apples and oranges. Why would you even compare?

It's like saying: "Stuff Mozart, Metallica are twenty times more absorbing."
Good point .

In other topics completely unrelated to band comparisons, I meant to say this when talking about the Muse webcast last night: That pretty, red, sparkly guitar Matt used at one point during the show looked really cool, and I want one .

Angela