...my new hobby; poker chip tricks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oooh thanks for the link.

I can almost shuffle 6 chips perfectly. I'm still working on it :yes:

I play at least three nights a week and so plenty of practice. I can do up to two stacks of 10 chips. I'll eventually move on to other tricks one of these days...

Last edited:
...one of my favorite players...
p1_ivey_0714.jpg

Thanks, I have only played a couple of times with chips, and man, it looks so easy on tv.

ADecentMelody said:
I play at least three nights a week and so plenty of practice. I can do up to two stacks of 10 chips. I'll eventually move on to other tricks one of these days...

And I thought I was addicted playing once a week :shifty:

yeah, i'm pretty obsessed with poker too.

i won the winnipeg world series of poker back in november. :wink:

nah, that sounds deceiving. there were about 20 of us with a 40 dollar buy in or something. i only took home like 300 dollars, which isn't that much when you think of it.

and the river has been a huge curse. a huge HUGE curse. i don't think it's ever helped me once.

Sicy said:
And I thought I was addicted playing once a week :shifty:

We have this Denver Poker Tour which plays in about 6-7 bars a night (except Fridays) all over town. It's free to play (against roughly 40-120 players, depending on which bar), but stack up your wins and you get to play at the end of the season against other winners. The prize is the $10k buy-in to the World Series of Poker.

It's a great way to develop your poker skills. The guy who started this is a genius. He charges the bars $50 + $40 per table (about 3-7 tables per bar). The bars are encouraged because they have people drinking/eating on weeknights while playing. The dealers are tipped (about $5 per player) and it's not gambling. So, it's a win for everyone.

I wish I could move to a new place and start it myself! :wink:

ADecentMelody said:

We have this Denver Poker Tour which plays in about 6-7 bars a night (except Fridays) all over town. It's free to play (against roughly 40-120 players, depending on which bar), but stack up your wins and you get to play at the end of the season against other winners. The prize is the $10k buy-in to the World Series of Poker.

It's a great way to develop your poker skills. The guy who started this is a genius. He charges the bars $50 + $40 per table (about 3-7 tables per bar). The bars are encouraged because they have people drinking/eating on weeknights while playing. The dealers are tipped (about $5 per player) and it's not gambling. So, it's a win for everyone.

I wish I could move to a new place and start it myself! :wink:

So you dont play for real money? I'm confused.. :shifty:

I'm going tomorrow night :hyper:
It's pretty much the only legal form of gambling here in California because you're not playing against the house with poker, you are playing against other people.

hey sicy or any of the rest of you lot - do you play online at pokerstars?

we should sit at the same table sometime...

in fact, let's do it right now. any of you in?

Sicy said:
So you dont play for real money? I'm confused.. :shifty:

It is a bit confusing. It's free to play each night - the top three winners for each bar get bar tabs ($25 for 1st, $15 for 2nd, and $10 for 3rd). More importantly, this win also qualifies you to play in the end-of-the-season tournament. So, in this tournament, you play with other Colorado winners (usually about 1000+ people). The top prize for this tournament is the buy-in to the World Series of Poker in Vegas. This buy-in is worth $10K. You also get other miscellaneous prizes like poker tables, 11.5-gram clay chips, etc.

So yes, in the end, you do play for money.

I play at Poker Stars...what are you all's handles? I'm deltasun with the same avatar as <---

People often recognize my little Bono avatar. One guy even knew where my handle came from. He started writing lyrics to Heartland.

bg I'll be right there :drool:

I dont play for real money online :yikes: I checked it out once but you have to set up some wierd account to collect your money and it looked like far too much of a hassle. I can drive 20 miles south and play for real.

sicy have you played a game that's based on the concept of poker called let it ride?

i lose constantly, but i love it anyway. :der:

No I have not played that one! Nor do I know anything about Omaha hi lo, 7 card stud or any of those games :reject:

Back
Top Bottom