My Musical Shame--Reveal Your Guilty Pleasures Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maycocksean

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Okay, this a thread where you can confess all those bands that any self-respecting U2 fan should by all rights despise. And yet. . .when no one is around, you take this disc out of it's hiding place in the Coldplay CD case, you surreptiously dial this tune up on your ipod. It's shallow, it's cheesy, it's blatantly derivative, it's unoriginal, cliche-ridden, and dammit you know you love it anyway.

You can include a particular song, a particular CD, or an artist. It can't be a song or CD that you bought once on a whim and never listen to. This needs to be music that you sneak into rotation on a fairly regular basis.

Here's my "musical shame."

Michelle Branch
Janet Jackson's "Design of a Decade"--esp. "Escapade", "Love Will Never Do"
Michael W. Smith
Poison "Every Rose Has It's Thorn"
Linkin Park
Van Halen
LFO "Girl On TV" and that one about how he hates this girl but loves her. Had a relationship just like that.
untold 80's pop and hair band songs including but not limited to: "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake, "Heaven is a Place on Earth" by Belinda Carlyle (loved that weird tremor in her voice), all the Madonna stuff from the 80's, "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson.

There I've said it.

Go ahead and laugh. And I dare you to post your own!

Kelly Clarkson is my main one. There are plenty of others, but I don't feel like committing virtual social suicide right now, so i'll refrain on mentioning those for the time being :happy:

Yeah, I'm beginning to think I must be kind of crazy. I'm fairly new here, not particularly well known or anything, and this could spell the end of any respect I might've had on the boards.

Oh well . . .

beau2ifulday said:
Kelly Clarkson is my main one. There are plenty of others, but I don't feel like committing virtual social suicide right now, so i'll refrain on mentioning those for the time being :happy:

I like that Kelly Clarkson song "Since U Been Gone." No shame in that. I also liked Hanson's MMMbop.

1stepcloser said:
Take That

'Back For Good' is a brilliant song.

I actually like too much UK chart pop for my own good. Some I don't mind saying I like (Sugababes, for example, are fantastic) but I think I have no excuse for liking James Blunt.

yertle-the-turtle said:

'Back For Good' is a brilliant song.

I actually like too much UK chart pop for my own good. Some I don't mind saying I like (Sugababes, for example, are fantastic) but I think I have no excuse for liking James Blunt.

The Sugababes are the best thing to happen to British pop in a long, long time :up:

Yes, I admit, I like Journey's "Anyway You Want It" from Caddyshack.

Christina Aguilers has the best voice in the music world today. I love listening to her sing. She has more talent than all of the other female singers combined!

i tap my foot to kelly clarkson, i admit it.

i like,

the monkees,
coldplay,
keane,
billy joel, even the 80's stuff :wink:
bon jovi
old school musicals- (singin' in the rain:drool: :drool: :drool: )
gavin degraw- finally a new dude that can play piano!
the goo goo dolls- dizzy up the girl = drool:
styx
journey
oooh, old school jazz. i know frank sinatra, count basie, and louis armstrong don't have a lot of emotional depth to their songs, but do they count? do they have the approval of the 'acceptable police'?:wink:

BonosBaby12 said:
Can't believe Im saying this but The Back Street Boys. They really do have some great songs!

Huey Lewis and the News

:love:

Only I'm so not ashamed to have Huey Lewis and the News on my laptop.

It's so Hip to be Square.

Some of the older stuff by the Cranberries, Goo Goo Dolls, and Matchbox 20. oh and i really like that song "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia.

I was a huge Backstreet Boys fan when I was like 10. Don't know where any of the albums are but I'm willing to bet if I found them I would still love them.

:drool:

let's see...

Paula Abdul
Ashlee Simpson
Kelly Clarkson
Avril Lavinge
Celine Dion
Fall Out Boy
Wham!
Jennifer Lopez
Linkin Park
Maroon 5