My Musical Shame--Reveal Your Guilty Pleasures Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phanan said:

Van Halen is on your "musical shame" list?

Yeah. They just have the catchiest tunes. 5150 is my favorite album of theirs, but I like a lot from 1984, OU812, and For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. But it's on the shame list because lyrically. . .there's just a not a whole hell of a lot going on with them. "Right Now" was their version of "depth."

Oh, and I'm glad someone mentioned Def Lepard. Even Bono noted the raw sonic power of "Paw Some Sugah on Meh!!"

What's funny is to hear people actually trying to defend their choices on the "shame list." They're SUPPOSED to be indefensible.

I enjoyed reading the responses--had a lot of laughs. My favorite was daygloeyes response: "It takes a strong person to admit that." LMAO!

Dexy's Midnight Runners -- Come on Eileen

Cheesy as all hell, but every once in a while I like it.

The Village People -- Haven't listened to them in years, but they are great fun in small quantities.

But since I don't listen to the radio or go places where it is on (and I'm really good at tuning it out when I do), I don't hear a lot of cheesy music anymore, so I really don't have much music I like but am embarrassed about. :shrug:

I admit...I like Shakira. I like her sound, her quirky lyrics, and if I ever dance like her, I'd be a happy woman

taproot, maybe, but i don't think i'd really like the anymore. i don't know. everytime this thread comes up i say i should probably be embarrased that i have chumbawumba's tubthumper album. and that i liked that horrible five for fighting song (not the superman one, the 100 years one).

PlaTheGreat said:

:love:

Only I'm so not ashamed to have Huey Lewis and the News on my laptop.

It's so Hip to be Square.

:drool: One of my greatest memories is listening to "Sports" while driving around with my dad one summer in the early '80s.

COLLECTIVE SOUL!! :rockon:

:shifty:

Linkin Park
Coldplay (I think A Rush Of... is actually really good stuff, but most of their songs have terrible lyrics. but I still love love love them even though I make fun of them all the time)
Finding Mercury (basically they sound like U2/Coldplay/early Radiohead and their lyrics suck...but they are really fuckin catchy)
Death Cab for Cutie (around my friends anyway...they're pretty emo)
The Game :lmao:

AEON said:
Yes, I admit, I like Journey's "Anyway You Want It" from Caddyshack.

Well Duh!

Who doesn't like this song?

Those are the people who should be ashamed.

Shame is for pussies.

Love what you love, and do it loud.

Shove it down your friends throats, and when they complain, tell them to eat it. :mad:

MrBrau1 said:

Shame is for pussies.

Love what you love, and do it loud.

Shove it down your friends throats, and when they complain, tell them to eat it. :mad:

My point exactly.

MrBrau1 said:

Well Duh!

Who doesn't like this song?

Those are the people who should be ashamed.

I don't like it. Never have. I think it's a stupid song.

But I don't mind if anyone else likes it.

Just as long as I don't have to hear it. :)

Back
Top Bottom