My Morning Jacket "Z"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Any MMJ fans here. If not, there new album "Z" comes out next week in the US. I've heard some songs already and there amazing. This is a bit of departure for MMJ, but there new sound is wonderful. You can actually hear 2 songs on there website. Thought some of you looking for new music might want to give them a shot. :wink:

I've already heard Off the Record and Anytime. I've been following these guys since At Dawn came out, and I'm drooling with anticipation over this album.

Next to Sleater-Kinney and Spoon, I think they're the best band in the U.S. right now.

Wow, sounds sweet, and a giant step forward from their last album, which was also great. I get the feeling these guys could be putting out great music in 2020.

lol, april. we probably shouldn't tell him that i've had the new franz and the new modest mouse dual disc for a week now as well, should we.

:giggle:

:sexywink:

This record is definitely a stretch from the last one, but it's got some great stuff on it.

it beats 4 u :drool: :drool: Can't stop listening to it.

I may have to go see them and Kathleen Edwards this weekend in nashville.

Just wanted to comment a bit more on this album. I think Jim James and the boys are making some intriguing music. while at time the lyrical quality can be questioned, the sound is fresh and hard to not repeat in your stereo. Being a big MMJ fan for years now, I have to say that initially I was longing for the days of The Tennesse Fire or some earlier EPs, but now, this album has not only grown on me, but taken hold of my cd player and is slowly creeping into my top 10 for the year.

I know nothing of this band, but I see they are appearing on David Letterman on Thursday, June 8. Just a heads up for those interested :wink:

I got this album at the beginning of the year. If I would have gotten it earlier, it certainly would have made it into my year end list. Great record. I have absolutely no history with this band, so I didn't have any preconcieved notions of what the album would or "should" be like other than from the song 'Off the Record' (which I was obsessed with for a month or two). One thing I read in an album review, which I find to be true, is that the album is more or less "genre-less" or "undefinable" in that the songs seem to vary from each other and also can even change midway through. Very interesting and rewarding record to listen to.

:up:

u2popmofo said:
I got this album at the beginning of the year. If I would have gotten it earlier, it certainly would have made it into my year end list. Great record. I have absolutely no history with this band, so I didn't have any preconcieved notions of what the album would or "should" be like other than from the song 'Off the Record' (which I was obsessed with for a month or two). One thing I read in an album review, which I find to be true, is that the album is more or less "genre-less" or "undefinable" in that the songs seem to vary from each other and also can even change midway through. Very interesting and rewarding record to listen to.

:up:

agree 100%.

A great album.

Back
Top Bottom