My love hate relationship with mascara.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
Am I the only girl here who has trouble with mascara? I don't like the waterproof stuff, because it's hard to remove and it makes my lashes feel stiff and brittle...but nonwaterproof mascara rubs off by 7 p.m. :mad: :huh:
It's been bugging me recently. I didn't wear any for a few days, and I missed it...but once I started wearing it again, after dinner, I had dark black "rubbing" marks under my eye. I try to not touch my eyes, but yeah right.
It's not like I use the cheap stuff....am I the only one struggling with this problem?

I have no problem with my water-proof mascara, but if I had to use non-waterproof ones... I think I'll have the same problem with you.

crusty lashes are not cool

I never wear mascara.

It's way more trouble than its worth.

I don't use mascara. I always smear it.

I have some clear stuff, but it really doesn't do much of anything.

hmmm...once i switched mascaras, i've not had a problem since! i used to use clinique, and then i switched to maybelline's full and soft (i have waterproof, but they also make it non-waterproof) and it doesn't clump and stuff.

I adore mascara. Black. I have the shortest eyelashes in the world, I'll do anything to bring them out. Actually, fake eyelashes are the best but they take too long.

Cover Girl mascara sucks. I only bought it once, that's what I get for being a penny pincher. The best is Estee Lauder, my grandma get's it for me.

I don't wear mascara everyday but i do think i look better with it on. Over the years i've tried quite a few different brands, and until recently have stuck with Maybelline Great Lash. This would only smudge if i didn't take it off before bed and would wake up with slight panda eyes!! :scream:

They have a waterproof kind which i'd use occasionally but i too found it near impossible to remove and it made my lashes too stiff.

Now i use David Jones (Aussie brand) conditioning mascara and i never have any problems with clumping or smudging. It's great
:)

here's my thing.....i don't wear waterproof......and i buy whatever's cheapest cause i'm frugal and apathetic......

I'm a big believer in the Clinique Full Potential mascara. It lengthens, fattens, and slightly curls your lashes. And it stays on long and doesn't clump!

Another mascara that stays on is the Clinique Lash Doubling mascara. It clumps when you put it on, but just swipe the clumps a couple of times w/ a Q-tip and that takes care of the clumps. It makes lashes look sooooooo good, but it's not the kind of mascara to use if you are in a big hurry.

Right now I'm also using Maybelline's Full and Soft, but I should have got the waterproof. I'm also using their lash discovery which has a teeny tiny brush, so I can reach the little lashes in the Corner. I had a sample of Lancome mascara.....mascara heaven.

yeah....i'm totally aware that you're not supposed to keep it for more than a month, but i'm really too cheap to spend money on something so stupid as makeup.....all my stuff is really really old or bargain......heh.......anyhoo......not like i wear a bunch anyway....makeup's annoying, imho

I love it. I use Maybelline Great Lash (don't use it if you're going to get wet. It runs like a biatch...but the waterproof is pretty damn good. And non clumpy)

Gals, do we really need to replace mascara every month??? I usually think "this mascara sucks!" and toss it after about 2 months. However, if I notice any change in the smell (which changes after about a month now that you mention it ;) ), I toss it and go shopping again :)

Mrs.Clayton said:
However, if I notice any change in the smell (which changes after about a month now that you mention it ;) ), I toss it and go shopping again :)

and i don't...

yeah, it's supposed to be a month since it's so close to your eyes and there's risk of infection.....but i've never had an eye infection....

you're also NEVER supposed to add water cause that increases the risk of infection.....

it's funny that i know all this yet completely ignore it.....

so, who smells their mascara, anyway?!??? :lol:

Stories for Boys said:
did i mention that the mascara i use now is more than 2 years old? :eek:

eiwww does it not stink- LMAO

i used mascara last week and put on my glasses (very rare if i put them on lol) and got mascara on them DOH!

what about eyelash curlers? my eyelashes are already dark so i neevr put mascara on apart from last week

Back
Top Bottom