My iPod is frozen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine did that a few weeks ago. Re-setting it, by following the instructions in the manual should sort it out. And all the songs will still be there to!:wink:

hey, this is what you do.

Switch the hold button on and off multiple times, then hold and press the center button

:up:

yeah that happened to me too. i whacked the back of it and it worked for me. but now i nkow what to do for the next time instead of hitting it off something.

:ohmy: This EXACT thing happened to me a few days ago! I haven't used my iPod since...and I can't upload songs to it through iTunes for some reason :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

I think I would cry if my ipod froze. In the words of Dr. Evil "Ipod, if anything happened to you, I'd be inconsolable":lmao:

lauren430 said:
hey, this is what you do.

Switch the hold button on and off multiple times, then hold and press the center button

:up:

I just hold the select and menu button simultaneously for a few seconds to reset it.

I've found that my iPod freezes if I don't use it for a few days. It tends to tell me that its claim of "always being on" isn't completely accurate; it will turn off completely after a while. Since there's no "on" button, the only way to resurrect it is to do that "reset" trick.

Melon

melon said:
I've found that my iPod freezes if I don't use it for a few days.

I can't imagine not using my iPod for a few days. I use it at least a few hours everyday.

It annoys me how easily scratched the back of the ipod seems to get. You'd have thought given how much it cost, that it could've been made so that didnt happen.

I wouldnt have minded one with a rubber back. But then I suppose the boys' sigs wouldnt have looked as good or something!

This happened to me while I was flying to Dublin 2 weeks ago. I had it playing for about 6 hours straight and then it just froze. I was very upset. I wanted to open up the airplane doors and toss it into the ocean.

When I got back home I did the toggle thing and it was fine. Stupid technology.

Bonochick said:
I can't imagine not using my iPod for a few days. I use it at least a few hours everyday.

When I'm away, the iPod comes along. And sometimes, I listen to it at home.

When I'm on my computer (which is often), I listen to my music through iTunes and my computer speakers.

Melon

BEAL said:
This happened to me while I was flying to Dublin 2 weeks ago. I had it playing for about 6 hours straight and then it just froze. I was very upset. I wanted to open up the airplane doors and toss it into the ocean.

When I got back home I did the toggle thing and it was fine. Stupid technology.

Mine froze while I was walking to a convenience store in Tokyo. I had a flight home that afternoon, no iPod.

I was pretty ticked at myself for never reading the instruction manual. You can turn the iPod off by just holding on the 'Play/Pause' button too. I didnt know that either. I also didnt know that the scrolling disc thing worked in a circular motion, I thought it was just up and down on both sides...... Yeah, I really should have looked at the manual.

The first time my iPod froze was the morning after Christmas. I was out of town and preparing to face a 7 hour car ride with my parents. :crack: I also had no Internet access, so I had no way to look up what to do. I went through the names on my cell phone to try to find someone who could help me...and called an Interferencer...Cleasai. He was able to help me. :up: :laugh: :heart:

Back
Top Bottom