My Girls - From the CSGW's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not heard of the first band but I love Explosions in the Sky too. :hi5:

The Evpatoria Report is pretty good, I like their album, Golevka. :up: Explosions in the Sky are my favorite post-rock band. And one of my favorite bands period, I have so many good memories of listening to all of their albums last year. :D Which is your favorite album by them?

The Evpatoria Report is pretty good, I like their album, Golevka. :up: Explosions in the Sky are my favorite post-rock band. And one of my favorite bands period, I have so many good memories of listening to all of their albums last year. :D Which is your favorite album by them?

All Of A Sudden, I Miss Everyone. It was the first album by them I heard and the whole experience was great. :up:

All Of A Sudden, I Miss Everyone. It was the first album by them I heard and the whole experience was great. :up:

:up: Catastrophe and the Cure is my fav song by them. :drool: So fantastic. My favorite full album is either Those Who Tell the Truth...or The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place. I can't decide, both are great for what they are. :lol:

:up: Catastrophe and the Cure is my fav song by them. :drool: So fantastic. My favorite full album is either Those Who Tell the Truth...or The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place. I can't decide, both are great for what they are. :lol:

My favorite song is Welcome, Ghosts. :up: Great title, by the way. :drool:

I've actually only heard The Earth and All of a Sudden. How many do they actually have?

My favorite song is Welcome, Ghosts. :up: Great title, by the way. :drool:

I've actually only heard The Earth and All of a Sudden. How many do they actually have?

Welcome, Ghosts is the song I chose to play in my music freshman seminar during indie week. My professor said in all his years of music listening, he'd never heard anything like it. :lol:

4 all together. The other one is their first, which they re-released, called How Strange, Innocence. It's different from their other stuff, lighter and airy is a good way to put it, it's a nice little debut though. :up:

Welcome, Ghosts is the song I chose to play in my music freshman seminar during indie week. My professor said in all his years of music listening, he'd never heard anything like it. :lol:

4 all together. The other one is their first, which they re-released, called How Strange, Innocence. It's different from their other stuff, lighter and airy is a good way to put it, it's a nice little debut though. :up:

:lol: That's saying something. I wonder what he'd say if you played him My Girls. :wink:

Cool. :up: When you say lighter and airy, it sort of sounds more like art rock. :hmm:

:lol: That's saying something. I wonder what he'd say if you played him My Girls. :wink:

Cool. :up: When you say lighter and airy, it sort of sounds more like art rock. :hmm:

:lol: I know, I was a little surprised, but happy that he said that. I don't find it to be all that "different," but I also tend to listen to oddly composed stuff anyway, so I'm probably not the best judge. :lol:

Yeah, it's weird, but fantastic. I'll PM a link to you, I'm not sure if Temporary Residence, their label, sells it anymore. Plus, it's not one of their most listened to albums, sometimes it's harder to track down...

:lol: I know, I was a little surprised, but happy that he said that. I don't find it to be all that "different," but I also tend to listen to oddly composed stuff anyway, so I'm probably not the best judge. :lol:

Yeah, it's weird, but fantastic. I'll PM a link to you, I'm not sure if Temporary Residence, their label, sells it anymore. Plus, it's not one of their most listened to albums, sometimes it's harder to track down...

I agree that it's not "different" but it doesn't seem to have a structure at least on an initial listen.

Thanks. :)

I agree that it's not "different" but it doesn't seem to have a structure at least on an initial listen.

Thanks. :)

No, it doesn't really, although there are little motifs coming in and out, but not really in an organized way.

No problem, it's just uploading, then I'll send it your way.

How did you find Animal Collective? :wink:

I'd heard about them awhile ago, tried listening to their albums, specifically Strawberry Jam, but couldn't get into it. Then, their album this year was one of the most hyped "indie" albums of the year (and it's only January :lol: ) so I decided to check it out, and it was just what my ears needed to hear. :up: I still don't like their earlier stuff though. :lol:

I'd heard about them awhile ago, tried listening to their albums, specifically Strawberry Jam, but couldn't get into it. Then, their album this year was one of the most hyped "indie" albums of the year (and it's only January :lol: ) so I decided to check it out, and it was just what my ears needed to hear. :up: I still don't like their earlier stuff though. :lol:

I love that there are places that hype "indie" albums. Getting hyped and getting lots of attention, isn't that sort of against what being "indie" actually means? :wink:

I love that there are places that hype "indie" albums. Getting hyped and getting lots of attention, isn't that sort of against what being "indie" actually means? :wink:

:lol: And that's why I love to study indie. It's full of wonderful contradictions like that one. :wink:

:lol: Yeah, what are the requirements for graduating out of indie status? :wink:

See, and that's the funny thing, some bands are called sellouts right away and never regain their indie status back, while other bands, R.E.M. comes to mind most, can move into the mainstream and still keep their indie cred. It's a fickle community. :lol:

:lol: It sounds like a soap opera. :wink:

:lol: It really isn't any different than the issues that face the folk community or rock community, it's all a concern about authenticity. It's been the main issue since the beginning of rock music, and I doubt it's going to change anytime soon. :D

:lol: It really isn't any different than the issues that face the folk community or rock community, it's all a concern about authenticity. It's been the main issue since the beginning of rock music, and I doubt it's going to change anytime soon. :D

I really wish I was taking your classes and doing your major. Music communities are so neat. :D

I really wish I was taking your classes and doing your major. Music communities are so neat. :D

I can't complain, that's for sure. :wink: I wish everybody had the opportunity to at least take a class in this stuff, just because it's so interesting.

Michael: This is Darryl Philbin. Isn't he big? And you already met her, Pam Beesly, office hottie. She will "do" you. [laughs] No, no. But she has already dated two guys in the office, that we know of, so, this could be number three, you never know?
Pam: Excuse me.
Michael: Come here. I would never say this to her face, but she is a wonderful person and a gifted artist.
Oscar: Why, why wouldn't you say that to her face?

:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom