My Generation - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2004, 01:57 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
New Kids on The Block
It's funny-I had a friend back in Iowa that talked all the time about how, when she was little, she'd go to school listening to that group and singing along to their songs...maybe it's due to the fact that I was only between the ages of 3 and 6 or so when NKOTB were popular (even though this friend was around the same age as me at that time-she remembers them, but I don't), but I never remember hearing their music at ALL when I was little. Not even on the radio. I watched MTV constantly as a little kid, and I have no memories of seeing their videos on TV, either (I also have no memories of seeing U2 on that channel in the late 80s when The Joshua Tree was big, which is also weird).

Course, then again, my parents were also playing all their records and tapes from their favorite bands constantly when I was little, and that was the music I was listening to often-I think I was the only kid in my elementary school that wasn't well versed in what was popular music at that time. There were a few newer artists I remembered hearing about and hearing stuff from, but not many. I knew much more about older artists than I did newer ones.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
Vanilla Ice
Haha...this is one of the popular artists from that time period that I do remember-I still have memories of walking down the halls of my elementary school with "Ice, Ice Baby" going through my head (it's bizarre the random memories that stay with you from your childhood sometimes, isn't it?).

Also, U2Kitten mentioned the 80s British synth-pop groups and whatnot...yeah! Let's hear it for new wave! .

Angela

Old 12-16-2004, 02:16 PM   #32
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
Thanks so much for Britney, Christina, Hillary, Lindsey, Ashley, Averil...WOW, you generation does suck.
That just made me

Old 12-16-2004, 02:31 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:50 PM
Melon and Angela- NEW WAVE! Thanks! That name just would not come to me!
Old 12-16-2004, 03:02 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 06:50 PM
No problem . Happy to help.

Angela