My favorite song while driving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
Asche Zu Asche by rammstein
--------------------------------------------
Warmer Körper heißes Kreuz
falsches Urteil kaltes Grab
Auf dem Kreuze lieg ich hier
sie schlagen mir die Nägel ein
das Feür wäscht die Seele rein
und übrig bleibt ein Mundvoll Asche

Asche zu Asche

Ich komm wieder in zehn Tagen
als dein Schatten und werd dich jagen
Heimlich werd ich auferstehen
und du wirst um Gnade flehen
dann knie ich mich in dein Gesicht
und steck den Finger in die Asche

Asche zu Asche
und Staub zu Staub

You almost end up saying Asche ..everytime...

That reminds me of Auf Asche by Franz.

My #1 favorite song to listen to while driving has got to be Led Zeppelin's Rock n Roll.

Screendoor said:

Didn't they use that for a car commercial?

Yeah... Cadillac CTS I think. They sure made a good choice! Tom Petty's Runnin' Down A Dream, Pearl Jam's Rear View Mirror, Deep Purple's Highway Star, Van Halen's Panama and GNR's Mr. Brownstone are my other favorites. :rockon:

"Meters" is really my only rocking driving song. I prefer slower stuff, it's more relaxing. Like Low's cover of Joy Division's "Transmission" or "Home Again" by Shihad. Though "Seven" by Sunny Day Real Estate is great for driving. "Vertigo" works good as well.

I would say "Thunder Road" or just about every car/road song from Bruce

Highway 61 - Bob Dylan

when in a car...especially on a roadtrip I tune into different kind of music and having traveled more than I would have liked in California the last year and a half I got into springsteen, cash and dylan quite heavily. Theres a certain roughness in their voices that I associate with the bland, empty spaces of the open road as well as scenary. It adds sometime of history or story to something I would otherwise have ignored.
Classic rock - the stones, the doors are also a given.
Unforgettable Fire as well, fits in perfectly with me..it's such a sonic landscape yet maintains a certain mystery.

Though driving at night I rely heavily on Radiohead, pink floyd, miles davis, dj shadow and the smiths

Unforgettable Fire works for a lot of people, but my best U2 driving album is Joshua Tree. It perfectly fits driving through the prairie at the break of dawn.

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
The song Unforgettable Fire while driving at night is just :combust:

That's the only album I'd drive to at night.

And I don't even drive!

Well this is kind of off topic, but I crashed my first car while in college listening to U2 on the way up to my parent's condo driving up some VERY windy roads...listening to some song off the Melon CD. (from Propaganda) I was so excited it was Friday, I was off work, and there was this slow ass right in front of me, and my dumbass was tailing him. So once he pulled over to let me pass, about 5 minutes later I was in a ditch because I took a corner too fast. :ohmy: Thanks, U2!! :wink:

divegirl said:
Well this is kind of off topic, but I crashed my first car while in college listening to U2 on the way up to my parent's condo driving up some VERY windy roads...listening to some song off the Melon CD. (from Propaganda) I was so excited it was Friday, I was off work, and there was this slow ass right in front of me, and my dumbass was tailing him. So once he pulled over to let me pass, about 5 minutes later I was in a ditch because I took a corner too fast. :ohmy: Thanks, U2!! :wink:

did daddy pay for your crashed car?
:happy:

This thread should be called 'SEVERAL' Favorite Songs While Driving ... as I can't choose just one here. :wink:

Here's My Top 20 ...

UFO - Lights Out
Rush - Working Man
Black Sabbath - Neon Knights
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper
AC/DC - Highway To Hell
Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell
REO Speedwagon - Ridin' The Storm Out
Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
Led Zeppelin - Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax
Cheap Trick - California Man