My favorite material things growing up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
:heart:

free-9h.jpg

s-set4.jpg

691461.jpg

2022.jpg

6d_1_b.JPG

members-only-red-jacket-8.jpg

yes as a kid I was all into "labels" :der:

Last edited:
i liked umbros

and shirts that changed colors due to changes in temperature

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

I wore my Coke rugby shirt out and I also had this white blouse with Coca-Cola scripted all over it that I wore with this very 'Pretty in Pink' Limited black skirt with crossover suspenders and yes - a beret with pins [all U2 of course] on it.

And I loved my yellow-hot pink-orange Esprit sweater and my Swatches too. And yes I had several Swatches and I wore them set in different timezones. I even wore them as anklets over my scrunchie socks with my red high top Reeboks.

I do have to say - in my defense - I only wore leg warmers when I went skiing and I never owned a single pair of those stirrup pants. I did however peg my jeans until I practically cut off the circulation to my foot. I worshipped those pants they came out with later that had the snaps on the hem. So much easier on the leg! Plus they had many pockets and you would carry lots of shit in them. Those were great concert pants. Way before they patted you down I was always able to sneak in a camera.

Re: Re: My favorite material things growing up

YellowKite said:

. And yes I had several Swatches

I do have to say - in my defense - I only wore leg warmers when I went skiing and I never owned a single pair of those stirrup pants.

I loved my swatches especially the scratch and sniff ones :reject: It completed my stirrup, leg warmer. ton sur ton outfits I used to sport. Let's not forget the must have accesory of the 80s to really pull the look together: The Gear Bags !

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:heart:

free-9h.jpg

s-set4.jpg

691461.jpg

2022.jpg

6d_1_b.JPG

members-only-red-jacket-8.jpg

yes as a kid I was all into "labels" :der:

what's the top picture? It's a red x.

Other than the members only jacket you just picked out all of my brands :D I was so spoiled as a kid. If it didn't have Guess or Espirit on it I wouldn't wear it! :hmm: There was another label that I wore too. I can't remember the name.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i'm starting to see kids wearing them again. :ohmy:

i also liked snap bracelets and my l.a. gear. :loser:

:ohmy: really? i haven't seen them in ages.

i wasn't allowed to have snap bracelets cos my mom thought they were dangerous :coocoo:

:lol: Slep braclets were banned at school because they were dangerous. Probably just an excuse because they annoyed the hell out of the teachers.

I was into slap braclets, troll dolls and wearing Guess jeans.

Re: Re: My favorite material things growing up

arw9797 said:

what's the top picture? It's a red x.

Other than the members only jacket you just picked out all of my brands :D I was so spoiled as a kid. If it didn't have Guess or Espirit on it I wouldn't wear it! :hmm: There was another label that I wore too. I can't remember the name.

It was a picture of Reebok aerobic hightops with the velcro straps at the ankle.

I also loved my Bass shoes.

ylimeU2 said:
And this stuff.

orbitz.jpg

:drool:

:ohmy: that's so funny you posted that.
i went to my friend elizabeth's apartment on friday nite to have dinner and watch movies.
on top of her friedge was some vintage bottles of that stuff :lmao:

i don't ever remember drinking it in the past though. i even asked her what it was, LOL :reject:

ylimeU2 said:
:lol: Slep braclets were banned at school because they were dangerous. Probably just an excuse because they annoyed the hell out of the teachers.

I was into slap braclets, troll dolls and wearing Guess jeans.

oh man...troll dolls. those things scared the hell out of me. i had one that was dressed up in a dinosaur suit. it was cool.

Holy crud, I remember Orbitz. Whoa. Never actually tried the stuff, but I remember it being in the stores and stuff for a time.

The only things mentioned in this thread I recall owning something of was a pair of the shoes that myusernamehere showed and a Troll doll-one tiny one. I don't remember owning anything else. I remember seeing a lot of that stuff around, though.

One of my favorite material possessions when I was a kid was my Playskool dollhouse. I spent hours playing with that thing. And Fisher Price stuff, and Polly Pockets as well.

And when I was in sixth grade, I had a few Beanie Babies, too-a platypus, a little lamb (which I unfortunately lost that year and never found :(), a duck, a St. Bernard, and a koala.

Angela

Doozer61 said:

me and my brother always played the box nintendo, and my parents would always get mad. we always played tetris, mario bros. and contra. :drool:

i was too young for the 80's but i do remember i loved my light up sneakers and my rainbow laces :)

just thinking about all of this makes me realize how much technology has evolved :|

Back
Top Bottom