My favorite material things growing up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doozer61 said:

nike-cortez-deluxe-kids-running-shoes.jpg

Cortez :drool:

I still wear them...I have a pair with a red swoosh and a pair with a grey swoosh :heart:

IWasBored said:
the sneakers that lit up when you walk.

:drool:

I had a pair of Barbie light-up sneakers, and man, did I ever think I was cool.

Hmmm, this is a hard one. I wore only hand-me-downs from my slightly older cousin (who was a boy) and didn't have many toys.....I did have a Popple doll which I didn't care much about at the time, but now I collect them. I've got these two and a few more:

chippurple.jpg

nbcrusader said:

my brother graduated from med school a couple of years ago and for his grad present, his friends bought him 'operation'.

if i remember correctly, i beat him at it a few times too.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Hmmm, this is a hard one. I wore only hand-me-downs from my slightly older cousin (who was a boy) and didn't have many toys.....I did have a Popple doll which I didn't care much about at the time, but now I collect them. I've got these two and a few more:
POPPLES!!!! :hyper:

i loved my popples. i had a few of them including a soccer one (i played soccer at the time so i'm guessing my mom got it for me on purpose).

i also had an NES. can't remember when i got it but i loved it. i remember playing super mario brothers and cheating at duck hunt (i'd put the gun right up to the tv) and also my dad and me playing the legend of zelda. damn that game was hard! especially since this was back before you could save the game. or wait, did you have the ability to save with zelda? i remember super mario brothers didn't have a save button, but did zelda?

i forgot all about jellies. i had so many pairs it was scary. they were :up: to wear to the beach (i think this was back before they made those shoes designed to go in and around the water).

what else...oh, my mom and grandmother bought me all the fraggle rock dolls when they came out. i love love LOVED fraggle rock. :dancing:
15408doll_tomy_fraggles.jpg

does anybody think the curtain of lights at the u2 show looks like a giant lite brite?

do you think they were all gathered around making a design on a lite brite board when they came up with the idea?

one4u2 said:

What the heck is it? :slant:

It was some kind of juice that had gelatin orbes floating around in it. No matter what you did, they wouldn't sink for anything.

The stuff tasted horrible, but it was a trend that I jumped on the band wagon with. They went out of business a year later. It was that bad.

ylimeU2 said:

It was some kind of juice that had gelatin orbes floating around in it. No matter what you did, they wouldn't sink for anything.

The stuff tasted horrible, but it was a trend that I jumped on the band wagon with. They went out of business a year later. It was that bad.

Gelatin orbes :barf:

KhanadaRhodes said:
i love love LOVED fraggle rock. :dancing:
15408doll_tomy_fraggles.jpg
Dance your cares away,
Worry's for another day.
Let the music play,
Down at Fraggle Rock.
Down at Fraggle Rock.
Down at Fraggle Rock.

also stacking scads of these up and down your arms -
tnjewbjelbracelets.jpg

Do you remember when U2, R.E.M., Depeche Mode, The Psychedelic Furs, Violent Femmes, Howard Jones, New Order, Nic Kershaw, Erasure, INXS, Ofra Haza, Siouxsie and The Banshees, Joe Jackson, Yaz, Echo & The Bunneymen, Elvis Costello & The Attractions, etc were all grouped together and called PROGRESSIVE music? My friends had a band and I recall a booking at a family pizza joint. Right after they played their cover version of The Cure's Killing An Arab we were all asked to leave. Shocking - scandal! :gasp:

Fraggle Rock...*Sighs*. Good times, good times.

I didn't own any dolls (didn't know they made any-I don't recall ever seeing them in the toy stores in my town), but I do own a few little Fraggle Rock things where they're all in these cars shaped like various fruits/vegetables or whatever. Can't remember where I got them-was it from a restaurant happy meal or something? I dunno. But yeah, I have 'em.

I also would get those puppets from Pizza Hut that they used to give you with kids' meals or something. I have Eureka's Castle puppets, Land Before Time puppets, and Casper puppets.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom