My evening... read if you like Garbage, REM, celebrity meetings, or Hollywood trash.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, that's awesome Elvis! Meeting Mike Mills and being at the same place as Butch.

biggrin.gif

Want to introduce me to some of your friends??

wink.gif

------------------
Show a little faith
There's magic in the night

Awesome!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Autographs?

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

Very cool, Elvis!

Also - congrats on the name-recognition with Interference and B-man at the Love Rocks event.. I've been in a similar situation before myself with a band I was doing creative Internet things for - and it's always wonderful to receive validation and know that the intended "special" audience praises your hard work and dedication.

Cheers!

Originally posted by Sicy:
Awesome!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Autographs?

Nope. I'm not really big on autographs or pics with 'stars'. Besides, hehe, I'm pretty sure I'll be running into Mills & Co. again, perhaps even this Saturday. We have a few mutual friends.

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

Lucky meeting Mike Mills! And of course Butch Vig.
biggrin.gif
Nice weblog as well.
smile.gif

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

cool story, elvis!
smile.gif

i do have 2 questions, though:

1) what's wrong with being a groupie??
wink.gif

and

2) although it's AWESOME that bono praised interference (woohoo!), did he know about what goes on in PLEBA when he made this statement?? cuz if not, then he might have something different to say...
biggrin.gif
lol!

Originally posted by Elvis:
Nope. I'm not really big on autographs or pics with 'stars'. Besides, hehe, I'm pretty sure I'll be running into Mills & Co. again, perhaps even this Saturday. We have a few mutual friends.

Damn, must be nice! Speaking of Mike Mills, I've been listening to Monster all week--just can't get it outta my head...

------------------
Show a little faith
There's magic in the night

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
That's nice Elvis.
Some of us are wondering, were you introduced as 'Elvis' or 'Joel'?

DB9

Joel or Joel Tanner.
Actually, anyone that I know or have met in the music industry know me as Joel Tanner, and as you may have read my weblog, Bono as well. Elvis is a fun nickname, but I'd rather people in either know me as Joel, or both... not just Elvis. Elvis' are people too
wink.gif

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

Wow!! That is really cool Elvis. It is nice that even Bono recognizes all the hard work that you put into this site. He seems to really appreciate the fans, and you are definatly one of the most dedicated U2 fans out there.

It is fun seeing/meeting celebrities. I don't really like the whole Autograph thing either (we are all just people, right?) but it is sort of neat to see them just going about their business!!! I live in T.O, and I love hanging around downtown during the film festival.

Back
Top Bottom