my computer is 10 minutes away from going out the window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i don't like getting mad, well who does? but me especially-i tend to be very laid back.

but for the last 3 hours, whilst i try to write an essay proposal on broadband internet access in the states, every 10 minutes a page asking me if i want to join shannon elizabeth's fan page comes up along with some weird german page that appears in a stylized version of explorer. it's weird-i'm not sure where i picked this up but i need to get rid of it.

the cookies are cleared, the temp files are all deleted, i even erased the history. does anyone have any idea what type of file is planted on a computer to do this so that i can search for it?

any help would be much appreciated

------------------
don't.

so, will you join shannon elizabeth's fan page?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
so, will you join shannon elizabeth's fan page?

ya know i've seen the freakin' pop up so many times now i'm considering it-maybe it will make the pop up go away and well the picture is not bad.

------------------
don't.

I'm not 100% sure if this will work, but might be worth the try.

The next time the pop-up add appears, right click on the page, and then choose properties. Write down or copy the url, and if you have a firewall, you could block it that way.

Anyone know if that would work?

I suppose the other option is to join the club
biggrin.gif

Sounds like some sort of scripting file, possibly .vbs or something of the sort. That's the format viruses are often sent in. Not to say this is a malicious script file, in that it at least doesn't appear to be harming data on your computer. Have you opened any e-mails lately from the people running that website?

Back
Top Bottom