My car blew it's fuel pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

grrrrr... happened yesterday on the Long Island Expressway... took 2 damn hours for the towtruck to come pick me up... the car is still under waranty, so ford/mercury's gonna cover it... but i still have to pay a $100 deductible, and they also told me that that battery and fuel filter needs to be replaced also, and that's not covered, so that's gonna be another $168... said they should have it done today though... grrrrrrrrrrr

Found On Road Dead... arghhh... i didn't want to get a ford when i bought this car, but my parents had been leasing Explorer's from this Ford Dealership for like 12 years, plus my sister bought an Escape from these people 2 weeks earlier, so they gave me a really good deal on a Mercuary Cougar, which was a nicer car and better deal than any other place i looked. so i bit and bought it. my last car was a ford taurus and that had problems up the ying-yang... damn head gasket blew, we called ford to tell them, and they told me "oh yeah that happens all the time with that model and year." i was like gee... great... think you could have told me that? bastards

Mr Headache-
Sorry for your aggravation..
Perhaps your answer to less headaches in the future lies below:

vehicl14.jpg

Jeep- There Is Only One..

diamond

thank goodness for warantee's... i'm pickin' up my fixed car in half an hour...

oh and tiny dancer, yes... driving on the LIE durring rush hour is always quite the experience... and yes, it was durring rush hour that my car died... thankfully it happened right as i was pulling on to the expressway rather than after i had already been in the middle of the mess we like to call long island rush hour traffic.

That's a bummer Headache (how ironic with your name and all). Im glad it was at least under warranty though

Count your blessings...

WARRANTY!

I had to replace my gold plated electronic fuel pump once..which by the way can only be done by dropping the rear end and tank for ONLY about 500.00 in addition to the mere 40 for that part. (Probably more now that I own her.)

Still much much less than DB would want for that oversized gas guzzling SUV.:lol: j/k

ahhh ford service... so as an update, i picked up my car friday night. drove to work saturday, drove out east to my nephew's christening sunday, popped 5 bucks in just to keep me goin', drove to and from work on friday and saturday... then today, this morning, about an hour ago, i finally stopped to fill my tank. well it got to about half way filled, and then the gasoline proceeded to spill it's self out the bottom of my car. good fun. so i took it back to the ford dealership, they drove me home, and i'm currently waiting for them to call me back with how long it'll be

Back
Top Bottom