My Bloody Valentine - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2005, 12:08 AM   #31
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon

I just ordered them off of Amazon.com.
Pretty funny, I ordered them last night right after saying I needed to get them. I'm looking forward to getting them, hopefully it doesnt take long.

Old 05-02-2005, 01:39 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:30 PM
You know, it took me several listens, but I'm really into "Isn't Anything" now. It's no "Loveless," granted, but it's a genuinely great album all its own. And I love it for it's really LOUD moments!

Melon

Old 05-02-2005, 10:24 PM   #33
Blue Meth Addict

Yeah, it's definitely a great album. More of a rock-oriented record, but it still shows a lot of the ideas and qualities that would later make Loveless so amazing. Both are great. Really, really great.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:21 PM   #34
Blue Meth Addict

Anyone else feel like MBV needs to be played at extremely loud volumes? I dont know what it is, I just always blast it if I'm listening to them. I just have to drown everything else out and let their music surround me. Good times.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:13 AM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

I just got Tremolo and Glider yesterday. Great stuff!

Melon
Old 05-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:30 AM
Im also a fan
Old 05-10-2005, 06:37 PM   #37
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
I just got Tremolo and Glider yesterday. Great stuff!

Melon
I dont even think mine have shipped yet!!! Did you order straight from Amazon, or one of the other independant sellers? I ordered them both from some guy in Texas, maybe that's where I messed up....

Oh well, even if they'd arrived, I wouldnt be able to listen to them (in the Philippines right now). Looking forward to them both, I really liked 'Swallow' from that music video.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:39 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:00 AM
Gawd, make me feel ancient people!!

Ah, my youth, spent in dodgy clubs, zonked on vodka, dancing to MBV, Ride, Pixies, Jesus and Mary Chain, Smiths, the House of Love (now there's a band to discover, folks) AND the Stone Roses. That's when I wasn't staring at my shoes.

Gah, I'm off to stab a toothpick into my eye (or find my Smiths tape, same thing).
Old 05-12-2005, 10:00 AM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo
I dont even think mine have shipped yet!!! Did you order straight from Amazon, or one of the other independant sellers? I ordered them both from some guy in Texas, maybe that's where I messed up....
Yeah...I ordered them directly from Amazon.com. That's why I have them.

Melon
Old 05-12-2005, 10:14 AM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:30 PM
I have heard couple of MBV songs...I like that song..."lose my breath".... or something like that

MBV is one of the groups I think that I might be a fan of if I listen their albums
Old 05-12-2005, 10:50 AM   #41
The Fly

Local Time: 05:30 PM
Just got to chime in here that LOVELESS is a terrific record. I particular like the opener, To Here Knows When, and Blown A Wish. I also like Kevin Shield's work on the soundtrack to Lost in Translation, featuring some Shields solo stuff and some classic MBV. I still need to get Isn't Anything. In the meantime, I'm listening to MBV's sister band Primal Scream, where Shields now is a quasi-fulltime member.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:30 AM   #42
Blue Meth Addict

Got my copies today. Listened to the Tremolo EP, and listening to the Glider EP for the first time right now, awesome. I really like the outro for 'To Here Knows When' on this version far more than the album version, and all the new songs (new to me) are just great. 'Glider' (the song) is crazy, very cool.

On a related tangent, how do you guys feel about Ride? I heard the song 'Vapour Trail' last week, and havent been able to get enough of it since then. Their 'Nowhere' album is now at the top of my "buy ASAP" list. Let me know any info or feelings you may have about them.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:51 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:30 AM
Because lately I buy everything everyone I like says is good, I picked this up on a whim when I saw it at a Super Saver price during my latest fruitless hunt through the M's for Manic Street Preachers, remembering both this thread and a comment I came across recently by Sofia Coppola about using Kevin Shields in the Lost in Translation soundtrack and how obsessed she was with Loveless.

At first I thought something was wrong with my car CD player because the first CD I bought, Hope of the States, wouldn't play at all, and then My Bloody Valentine was so distorted I thought it wasn't playing right, lol. Then I realized, oh, this is how they sound. I've given it about 4 listens and I haven't really connected with it yet. Like someone else said, I wish it were remastered. It's very hard for me to listen to a lot of things from that era, like early R.E.M. for example, for the same reason. But it grows on me a little with each listen. I'll keep at it.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:57 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
fruitless hunt through the M's for Manic Street Preachers
@ record stores for not carrying more Manics, or any at all, for that matter

Back on topic, I should listen to more MBV. I'm looking at you, mofo.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:48 PM   #45
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
Because lately I buy everything everyone I like says is good, I picked this up on a whim when I saw it at a Super Saver price during my latest fruitless hunt through the M's for Manic Street Preachers, remembering both this thread and a comment I came across recently by Sofia Coppola about using Kevin Shields in the Lost in Translation soundtrack and how obsessed she was with Loveless.

At first I thought something was wrong with my car CD player because the first CD I bought, Hope of the States, wouldn't play at all, and then My Bloody Valentine was so distorted I thought it wasn't playing right, lol. Then I realized, oh, this is how they sound. I've given it about 4 listens and I haven't really connected with it yet. Like someone else said, I wish it were remastered. It's very hard for me to listen to a lot of things from that era, like early R.E.M. for example, for the same reason. But it grows on me a little with each listen. I'll keep at it.

Give it some time. Loveless truly is one of the top 5 albums of the 90s and one of the best in all of rock history.