My Big Fat Greek Life Sitcom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
The sitcom version of the hit movie is coming to your television soon.. are you planning to watch it?

John Corbett is not part of the cast, ladies.. :sexywink:

Not to be a party pooper, but I didn't think the movie was all that.. but I'd like to know your thoughts on the new sitcom.

:wave:

I have yet to see the movie. :reject:

Do you guys think the sitcom is a good idea? It usually ruins everything. :shrug:

I have not decided yet after seeing the moive. I don't think it will be that great. Usually when a tv show is a spin off from a movie, it does not do that well. I could be wrong, but that is my opinion.

I liked the movie, but think the sitcom will be stupid. It's a one-trick pony, IMO.

i've seen the movie, and its cute...but i dont think the sitcom thing will work. way to go in ruining a good movie:angry:

I just really hope the writers of the show don't sink into what might be perceived as "ethnic stereotyping" for a show of this nature - and highlighting what it does about her background.

We'll see I guess :shrug:

I really liked the movie but I don't generally take time out to watch tv. I might tune into it just to see what it's all about but I don't plan on watching it.

m*a*s*h and the odd couple were better as tv shows

well, ok, i know a lot of people will probably disagree with me, at least for the latter...

I loved the movie (saw it twice), but I'm kind of neutral on the idea of a sitcom. I doubt that it will be terrible, especially since most of the original cast will be in the sitcom, but I'm irritated that they renamed Ian (he's Thomas now - what the hell?), changed Toula to Nia, AND there isn't any kid. Is it really that hard to pronounce Ian? Or work a kid into the plot? :huh:

Well, I'll be watching it anyway. I hope it's good. :slant:

I loved the movie but don't plan to watch the TV show. I just don't think it will be any good, especially without John Corbett :drool:

Add me to the list of "I liked the movie but don't think the sitcom will work."

Movie=great

sitcom=???? I might watch to see what they are doing but I really doubt it will take off. Who knows maybe they beat the statistics and it actually works.

I just saw the movie today. I didn't think it was that great...mayhaps it was so overhyped that I was expecting better. There were some cute/funny moments, but overall, I don't know if I'd ever bother watching it again. As for the sitcom...it won't be something I'll make a point of watching.

I loved the movie! And I plan to watch the sitcom on Monday to see how it is...I'm keeping my mind open until then...

I just don't really watch television at all--especially now that Joe Millionaire is over--although I bought the My Big Fat Greek Wedding DVD the other day.

I don't think the sitcom's going to work, though. One of the driving forces behind the movie was Toula's transformation from "frump girl" into this fun, outgoing person that could snag a guy like Ian--and of course that won't be in the show.

I don't think the sitcom is a good idea either. I'm going to watch it just to see if it's any good, but I doubt it..(I'll be at work so I'll have to record it). I think it kinda ruins the movie, which I thought was good.

Remember back when the movie was released and how popular it became, and the big thing was that it became so popular without a lot of advertising, just by word of mouth, and it was a low budget movie, etc? When I first heard about the sitcom, i dunno, it was kind of a let down, kinda like they sold out or something :shrug:

:hmm: I'm trying to be optimistic, but I don't know...as someone else said, the track record for movies to sitcoms isn't so great...but this could be another MASH. You never know...

:hmm: Except no John Corbit (sp?). That sucks!

:shrug: It was okay....But I honestly don't see it lasting. The curse of the movie to sitcom...

and I probably won't get to watch it much anyway because they're moving it to Sundays at 8, when American Dreams is on!

Back
Top Bottom